Moving A Building W/Pictures!

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #11  
Great photos! And I agree that it looks like some of those folks were way too close.

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures!
Thanks. That's the great thing about digital cameras. I took 48 pictures of this project this afternoon and posted 10 of them from my living room tonight /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Although 28.8 modems are kind of slow, it didn't take too long.

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #13  
Moss,

Sweet pics. Time to get yourself some more bandwith. After the T1 line at work, I couldn't stand the dialup speed, so I got me one of them new fangled cable modems. One benefit of living in rurubia (rural - suburbia)/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #14  
Yeah, I love digital cameras. Once you have the camera, there's virtually no cost involved unless you want to make some prints.

If you made no prints of the move, zero cost. And easily sent via e-mail or posted on the net.

Hard to beat!

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #15  
Cool pics indeed.

Mate I have seen them move houses but never ever something of that size.

Only in america...........................

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #16  
Enjoy the photos /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Looks like that crew top notch.

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #17  
Am I seeing correctly? Are they moving that puppy with the masonary intact?

I've been to more than one rodeo. I've done goat roping. But I've never seen a building moved with the brick in place.

That is kewl to the max as the kids say these days, at least yesterday./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Moving A Building W/Pictures! #18  
Great pics David. I stopped briefly on my way back from some errands yesterday. They were just getting ready for the turn on to Washington Street. Sure looked like they could have used power steering! Were they actually using the come-alongs to steer each set of tires?

Pretty amazing seeing a four wheel loader slipping it's tires trying to get the thing rolling /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Yep. I think they lost a brick or two on the way, but that is all. If you notice, they used timbers in all of the window openings and there are two layers of steel beams under the thing. What was really cool, but I didn't get pictures of, was when they moved it off of the basement. They used timber cribbing and cut slots all around the foundation to slide the beams in. They set the first layer of beams north/south, jacked it up and set in another layer of beams east/west. Jacked it up a lot more and set in some beams north/south again and put some heavy equipment rollers on those north/south beams. Then they lowered the building onto the rollers and used a semi tractor and that tracked loader to railroad it off the foundation into the back of the lot. Then lowered it back onto cribbing until they were ready to move it. They demolished the basement and filled it in a few weeks ago.

Yep. They were using two come alongs to steer each set of wheels. Some of the trucks had a bar between the steering arms so that if the one side turned the other would turn as well.

On the news last night they estimated that it weighs 160 tons.