Moving travel trailer around with ball on FEL.

/ Moving travel trailer around with ball on FEL. #21  
Your tractor weighs what 3000 or so lbs? I would be concerned about moving anyting on slopes that doesnt have active braking if it is close to or outweighs your machine. Also depending on weight of trailer, the tougue weight might exceed your FEL lift but hopefully not.

/ Moving travel trailer around with ball on FEL.
FEL's aren't designed to handle excessive side loads.
Ahah! That's the sort of thing that's important to know, but which hadn't occurred to me. Or better to say, if you had asked me if I thought FELs are built for side loads, I would have said I guess not, but it just didn't occur to me that that's exactly what I might have asked it to do. Thanks!

/ Moving travel trailer around with ball on FEL. #23  
I use a clamp on receiver hitch on my FEL to move my 16' car trailer around, it weighs 1500#. I cut two 2x4's to fit on both sides between the hitch and the side wall. This prevents the hitch from moving during turns. I never use the FEL to move the trailer with equipment on it but I do put my stake sides on to use for hauling brush and limbs. The whole purpose of using a hitch and a ball is so the trailer will pivot on the ball, keep it lubed and everything should work out.