Mowing Mowing without removing FEL or BH

/ Mowing without removing FEL or BH #21  
If someone would have the time to make a little clip of that (mowing with loader and backhoe) and to put it on YouTube.com it could be fun. Unfortunately, I cannot do it with my B3030 because I have to remove the hitch to mount the backhoe and I need the hitch to move the mmm.

/ Mowing without removing FEL or BH #22  
Although I have a B7800 I do remove the FEL & I usually do not have the Woods BH-70X backhoe on the machine (4 pt mount) when I mow. I find it more maneuverable with the FEL off. I also remove the 60" MMM when I am done cutting as well to clean, lube the fittings etc. I also find keeping the FEL hooked up aids when I am mounting the MMM under the tractor. I raise the front wheels about 6" with the FEL and slide the deck underneath. Plus the extra height makes it easier to hook-up the PTO.

/ Mowing without removing FEL or BH
For those of you who never take off their MMM, BH & FEL. I don't see how you can properly lube your MMM. You can get to it soooo much better with it off for both lubing & removing/replacing the blades.

Like I said, I've tried it both ways. Lots easier, smother ride, more maneuverable [& more fun!] w/o the attachments when mowing.

897 hours on my BX-22 & my MMM, BH & FEL have been on & off a gazillion times. I paid more though!

Jack

/ Mowing without removing FEL or BH #24  
Mowing with the loader and back hoe installed is like taking a shower with your underwear and socks on.... you can do it, but what is the purpose? Oh.... that's right, it is so you can wake up in the morning showered, and wearing clean underwear...... :D

/ Mowing without removing FEL or BH #25  
Dusty said:
Mowing with the loader and back hoe installed is like taking a shower with your underwear and socks on.... you can do it, but what is the purpose? Oh.... that's right, it is so you can wake up in the morning showered, and wearing clean underwear...... :D

Very good, I liken it to going skinny dippin with cowboy boots and a hat on. It just doesn't cut it if you know what I mean.

/ Mowing without removing FEL or BH #26  
Tdog said:
For those of you who never take off their MMM, BH & FEL. I don't see how you can properly lube your MMM. You can get to it soooo much better with it off for both lubing & removing/replacing the blades.

If you set the cut for the lowest cut and drop the deck all the way down I can get to the zerk. Having only about 70 hours total on the machine, and only mowing twice since my 50 hour servicing (which included blade sharpening), I assume I don't need to remove or replace my blades yet... :)

Again, it's not like the plan is to never remove them. It just hasn't been done yet, and it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. In the mean time, I can mow what I need to mow very easily with them all on. Quite nicely too....You can drive to the store to buy groceries in a Lincoln or an old truck. Both will get you there and back. The Lincoln will give you a nicer ride, but the truck will let you buy some lumber at Home Depot on the way home that you suddenly remembered needing... :) :)