Mpower 100p w/loader experience

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience #1  
Tractor
A few
Gents, I'm looking at a used version with about 400 hours.

Trying to find some owner experience on this. I know it's a TYM (T1003 I think) with Perkins engine.

I will be a ways from dealer so reliability is a concern. When looking at it today I noticed a light sheen of oil on the starboard side of the motor (looked to be coming from the top of engine but there were covers I couldn't see under) it's got a few months of power train warranty so they're checking it out but at 400 hours I honestly expect everything to be close to perfect.

Any general thoughts of tractor? Seems less popular in USA so I'm finding less data on this than when I'm researching orange or green.

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience #2  
Have them check the turbo... this has been one of the main big fixes within 1000 hours iv seen

Biggest thing iv seen is this tractor was so affordable a lot more than your normal 100hp+ tractor owners got into it.... to many would not let the turbo have time to cool before they killed it after working it hard. There is also grease fitting on the front axle that iv seen ignored more often than not and if someone liked to turn a lot... and leave the 4wd in for some reason... it can put a lot of wear on the bearings

other than that the tractor is not a bad one at all... and to get into a T3 at a price im gona hope to be around $33k is a good deal all the way around.

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience
Well I'm not your normal 100hp owner either (although I'm aware of how to cool down) so how would one check the Turbo? With the oil leak and also there was some spilled coolant as the overflow hose had a hole in it does have me a little worried they got it a little hot.

Have them check the turbo... this has been one of the main big fixes within 1000 hours iv seen

Biggest thing iv seen is this tractor was so affordable a lot more than your normal 100hp+ tractor owners got into it.... to many would not let the turbo have time to cool before they killed it after working it hard. There is also grease fitting on the front axle that iv seen ignored more often than not and if someone liked to turn a lot... and leave the 4wd in for some reason... it can put a lot of wear on the bearings

other than that the tractor is not a bad one at all... and to get into a T3 at a price im gona hope to be around $33k is a good deal all the way around.

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience #4  
Just be sure that's were the oil aint coming from

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience #5  
Have them blow out the radiator and all condensers etc up front

Have them blow out the radiator and all condensers etc up front

Thanks. Yah. I saw it pre-prepped. Which is how I'd prefer to see em. Screen was dirty along with most of tractor but looked to be in good condition. I should have opened air filter but didn't. Since I was there then they said oil leak was the valve cover. I'm still confused as to how/why. Since it was a trade in and it's at dealer now I'm more inclined to trust them since they would presumably get reimbursed for any warranty work.

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience #7  
Thanks. Yah. I saw it pre-prepped. Which is how I'd prefer to see em. Screen was dirty along with most of tractor but looked to be in good condition. I should have opened air filter but didn't. Since I was there then they said oil leak was the valve cover. I'm still confused as to how/why. Since it was a trade in and it's at dealer now I'm more inclined to trust them since they would presumably get reimbursed for any warranty work.

Valve cover oil leak?? Leak may be coming from the turbo? Synthetic oil should be used to help prevent Turbo bearing oil coking.

I'd get a 30 day full warrantee, don't argue about the price. That way you have no surprises!

Valve cover oil leak?? Leak may be coming from the turbo? Synthetic oil should be used to help prevent Turbo bearing oil coking.

I'd get a 30 day full warrantee, don't argue about the price. That way you have no surprises!

Yah that's exactly what I was going to ask for. A warranty with free pickup/drop off. I don't full remember where the turbo was I guess it was on top. Lots of covers.

/ Mpower 100p w/loader experience #9  
The new ones don't even get a free pickup/dropoff but for 90 days. I doubt anything like that will happen unless they really need to sell it. If the tractor is still under powertrain warranty all leaks need to be fixed now... don't wait and say they saw the leak also because you wont get far that way. If they don't want to do it take it to another dealer.. once the warranty is out its out

The new ones don't even get a free pickup/dropoff but for 90 days. I doubt anything like that will happen unless they really need to sell it. If the tractor is still under powertrain warranty all leaks need to be fixed now... don't wait and say they saw the leak also because you wont get far that way. If they don't want to do it take it to another dealer.. once the warranty is out its out

Here is where I'd appreciate guidance. Let's say the Turbo is leaking and they fix it what's the likelihood that fixes any other long term issues. Kind of like replacing a head gasket after an overheat. Is there anything else that should be replaced?