Oil & Fuel MT372D fuel shutoff issue.

/ MT372D fuel shutoff issue. #11  
Likely it is coincidental, about the only thing I'd suggest is checking your glow plugs and their wiring. Perhaps one is failing.

You should not be over-working your starter on a diesel. If your lines are properly bled, glow plugs all working and the pump is pushing up to your injectors it will fire when warm enough, if it doesn't right away you add more glow time.

Going back to the start of this thread, you need to crack your bleeder and check you injector lines to see if you have an actual leak. To check glow plugs, you can get a tool or try to meter them.

As a note; if one of your glow plugs is not functioning properly or has a wiring problem, you will never get a glow light.

/ MT372D fuel shutoff issue.
I'll check things out this afternoon and see what I come up with.

/ MT372D fuel shutoff issue. #13  
If your glow indicator is not working , your glow plugs are not working . It is a resister in the glow plug circuit. These engines need to be glow plugged to start even in warm weather. We can supply new & used parts & manuals,

/ MT372D fuel shutoff issue. #14  
I would leave the fuel on when setting. I've had many of these tractors & have not had a problem with fuel getting in the crankcase. The fuel should not get past the injector pump if it is working correctly. If fuel is getting through your tractor wouldn't run.

/ MT372D fuel shutoff issue.
Sorry for the delay, life gets in the way.

The "starter-gear" went out on my next try. The original starter-gear on my M4T14674 starter was marked "33071" (short for M191T33071). I ordered a 54-8305 replacement which arrived in a "DTS Parts Service" box marked "ISKRO NO. :09-144", 100% compatible item.

With the starter back in service, it seems that the combination of a starter that will stay engaged for more than 2 or three strokes and some additional time (30 count) on the glow plugs did the trick.

My glow plug indicator came with a copper wire between the screw terminals in stead of a Ni-Chrome coil. I replaced it with a section of Ni-Chrome that I had on hand but it seems to be too large of a diameter to heat to a glow. Does anyone know the diameter and length needed for a replacement glow wire?

/ MT372D fuel shutoff issue. #16