Muck boots

/ Muck boots #12  
I'm a woodsman, hunter, fisherman, trapper, and I don't know what you call a guy who helps his family members who farm. Mucks are awesome. Great traction and warmth. Ice fishing my feet don't get cold, and I have the wetland model. The rubber around the foot is just rigid enough to provide ankle support, but lumber enough to flex so your feet are comfortable. I've found this makes the boots ideal for strapping on snowshoes. You can put the bindings on tight without cutting circulation, and the boots are light and don't weigh you down. The only down side for me is I use them so much I wear the heal out, but they'll last me about two years before that happens. I use them for work in the woods, and everything else I do outside. Awesome boot.

/ Muck boots #13  
About two years is all I get out of Mucks as well. I manage to rip big gashes in them about the time the tread wears out.

/ Muck boots #15  
Add another vote for muck boots. I use to buy the cheap boots and they would be useless in less than a year. I finally broke down and bought a pair of muck chore boots. They are still going strong after 6 years. Well worth the money.

/ Muck boots #16  
About two years is all I get out of Mucks as well. I manage to rip big gashes in them about the time the tread wears out.

The second winter with my Muck Boots and I ripped a hole in the rubber on the side walking though the woods in snow. I would have thought they were stronger but I guess not. I ended up putting a tire patch over it but it's now starting to pull off. I'm thinking of going with a different brand when I replace them.

/ Muck boots #17  
Mucks have treated me well - wearing the Woody Max during hunting season - always warm and dry. During the summer I switch to my old LaCrosse boots - probably more than 10 years old - just won't wear out, although the soles are getting a bit slick.

/ Muck boots
Last edited:
   / Muck boots #20  
Muck Boots...the "Chore" boot...Amazon.com: The Original MuckBoots Adult Chore Hi-Cut Boot: Shoes

Nice boots...pretty easy to get on...bit tougher to get off but that's more due to my gimpy leg and foot then the boot. A number of guys at work recommended them, BTW.
These are 15" tall....after a few months wear, I might pick up a pair of lowcut shoes. Same brand and material, just lower cut.
Congratulations. Usually when I bought a new pair of boots, I would wear them around the house and yard to break them in somewhat. Just a thought. Best wishes.