Mowing MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520

/ MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520 #21  
Might makes a noise on engagement for about 3 seconds, then it's good. If anything, my clutch doesn't slip enough (adjusted to spec), it will bring my 4720 to it's little green knees when I hit a mound of dirt. It should turn freely by hand with the driveshaft disconnected from the tractor. I wonder if some body didn't know that Deere ships those gearboxes dry.

/ MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520
Used it today in heavy fescue. It makes that horrible grinding noise upon engagement, and at certain times when its running. It never makes noise when actively cutting thick stuff. Only when free spinning with no load.

/ MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520 #23  
Why a mx5 with the 5m?

D.

This is a 3520 with an MX6. I'm going to get a 5115M with an MX15 or HX15... but, I'm actually thinking more of an MX10 3pt lift instead now. So long as I can trailer it. The CX15 was awesome at the airport, but, would be hard to trailer... and probably get more/better use of a 10 ft.

I was very surprised and disappointed all at the same time with the 3520 and MX6 yesterday. It was good in some spots, and way way under powered in others. RPM's dropped to about 2200 at 2.5MPH, had to stick around 1MPH or so to maintain around 2500. Was some thick stuff though.

Odd how the MX6 would only make that noise when under no load; when mowing the thick stuff, even at full RPM it would be fine.

I'll try to record the noise today.

/ MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520 #26  
Is the 3520 a cab?

Ill be running my mx6 with my 5525 this weekend. I actually think mind does the same thing. Ill pay closer attention and report back.

D.

Yep, 3520 with cab. Here are some pictures from the mowing yesterday.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

/ MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520 #28  
Holy crap. That looks pretty thick.

Raise the mower up some and mow it a couple times. Lower it down on the second pass.

D.

Here is the video..

/ MX6 Engagement Noise w/ 3520 #30  
That doesn't sound too healthy, I can't get past the fact you said it is difficult to turn by hand, and that the gearbox was dry when you got it (used).