My apologies

/ My apologies
Thank you Doctor(friend)/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ My apologies
You should have it now,anyone else want's to know what the uproar is about and read the offensive material I will gladly e-mail it here or if the plug gets pulled on us....If you like I will send it to your private e-mail account. I am not against foreigners,heck my son is dating a Chinese girl.

/ My apologies #13  
<font color=blue>Hilbilly</font color=blue>
Out of the 4500 + registered members of TBN, I would guess that about 4000 of us agree with what the post says. We just didn't think that 'here' was the place to start an uprising. We do agree with you though. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ My apologies
I can appreciate that...

/ My apologies #15  
Hillbilly,

I haven't seen it yet. Thanks

Darin

On edit: Thanks and could not agree more and I think everyone would have to also or should.

/ My apologies
I think the best thing to do is drop this publicly(at least the debate)When I posted the letter,I was thinking just a bunch of average guys like me who pick up a lunch box and goes to work and likes to be tinkering with there toys and being with family on there days off would enjoy the note or at least could identify with or would agree with me.I don't think a moderator should pull a message with at least sending a note to a longstanding member and explaining why.
But I also realize the difficult position Muhammad is in.
It is no wonder he has moderators now that this board is getting so big and I am sure he needs some time away from managing this monster of a discussion board he created.Although Muhammad did send me a note and telling me he did not pull it, but why it was pulled/Thanks Muhammad.
I guess I found it a little insulting to be clipped like I was without a e-mail from a moderator explaining why.I never have or never will intentionally post anything that is insulting/vile or degrading to anyone.
May I borrow an old 60's theme "Peace and Love"
or how about a 90's theme
Can't we all get along? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Have a good weekend (whats left of it)

/ My apologies #17  
I hate the idea of censorship. However, I have seena Board just mutilated when a "off-topic" came in, and just tumbled downhill.

I was one of the original members of the Homebrew Digest. Like this board for tractors, we talked beer. It was the best early forum I had, and have seen. It was incredible the information that passed to and fro. But then, we had some guy off a "political" board, carrying a flame thrower, start posting. He was a brewer, and wanted to share info. But... he couldn't control his flame thrower. That poor board(it was an email forum originally, before the "web"!) went into a downhill sprial that it never recovered from. It is still around, and a whole new generation posts to it. But, it just is not like it used to be. There is still good info shared, but...

This is not to say the same would happen to this board. But, after seeing that wonderful board spiral out of control, I do not want to see anything happen to this one.

/ My apologies #18  
The only problem with that is that no one ever says what they're truly thinking. And the threshold for offense probably drifts lower and lower, so people become less and less candid with their comments.

I would personally prefer that censorship not be practiced on the internet. If someone is a 'flamethrower', so be it. If that person offends a majority of people, he will be left talking to himself because no one responds and will eventually go away. I mean, if we can't have free exchange in a medium in which everyone is anonymous to each other (the internet), then where can we?

/ My apologies #19  
Re: My apologies--Now how about some explanations

Hillbilly........ I did not see the post, but from the title, I don't see how anyone could even disagree with the proposition that immigrants to any country must adapt to that country. .........I also think is important that members here publicize the censorship they encounter. Otherwise, the rest of us will not know the scope of what is going on....... Finally, maybe Muhammad can clarify who has the right to censor or delete a post. I distinctly remember reading a thread on the new moderator staff which said that moderators do not have the ability to censor or delete. Could all of this please be clarified..... I've been around for almost two years and I think I have gotten a feel for Muhammad's style, but if I now have to figure out the personal censorship proclivities of 6 or 7 censors, I'm not sure its worth it.

/ My apologies #20  
Cowboydoc,

<font color=blue>Nowhere else in the world do they even try one bit to accomodate a foreigner. </font color=blue>

Actually....just to your north is a little country called <font color=red>Canada</font color=red>. We tend to do an awful lot of accomodation too!!!

Kevin