My beloved Duramax needs help.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #31  
If you drove the truck thousands of miles with a small air leak you might have hurt the injection pump but I doubt you did any damage.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #32  
90% of the time its an improperly installed or dirty fuel filter.
I had my lift pump go out on a dodge 2500 I use to own while hauling 3 small tractors on a trailer and 250miles from home.
I limped all the way home praying, then replacing the pump and dropping the fuel tank was a bear of job and dirty!

/ My beloved Duramax needs help.
Waiting till tomorrow to put fender liner back so I can see if there's any fuel seeping. But so far so good. The drain valve plastic nut was overtightened the filter assembly itself was
loose on disassembly imo. Not like it really matters anymore but I think they went from the top to get filter access, previous attempt I made years ago I failed going that route, by removing the air filter assembly hence the initial check engine light cuz of a disconnected sensor on the intake when I picked it up. Did I mention what a pain in the ace it is pulling the fender liner without damaging it? Bull in China shop mentality Lol. thanks to all for the insightful help.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #34  
Questions for more knowledgeable folks than me what's your method for holding o-rings in place while reassembling something like a hard to reach fuel filter, I've always used a dab of axle grease or similar around base, is there a better hack for this?
That works fine and what I do as well when required.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #35  
90% of the time its an improperly installed or dirty fuel filter.
I had my lift pump go out on a dodge 2500 I use to own while hauling 3 small tractors on a trailer and 250miles from home.
I limped all the way home praying, then replacing the pump and dropping the fuel tank was a bear of job and dirty!
I can relate just fine. When I had the algae issue with my diesel Ford, I not only had to drop both fuel tanks but replace the sending units, the fuel bowl and the lift pump. Least the fuel filter stopped it from getting to the HPOP and the injectors. Was a grand in parts and I was the grunt labor.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #36  
I remember your fiasco with that algae.:eek:

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #37  
Trying to forget. Why I religiously use Power Service Bio-Kleen biocide now in all my diesel. Don't want a repeat performance, ever

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #38  
Waiting till tomorrow to put fender liner back so I can see if there's any fuel seeping. But so far so good. The drain valve plastic nut was overtightened the filter assembly itself was
loose on disassembly imo. Not like it really matters anymore but I think they went from the top to get filter access, previous attempt I made years ago I failed going that route, by removing the air filter assembly hence the initial check engine light cuz of a disconnected sensor on the intake when I picked it up. Did I mention what a pain in the ace it is pulling the fender liner without damaging it? Bull in China shop mentality Lol. thanks to all for the insightful help.

You have any other problems, let me know.
Not much I haven’t seen or fixed.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #39  
Trying to forget. Why I religiously use Power Service Bio-Kleen biocide now in all my diesel. Don't want a repeat performance, ever

That bio clean is not cheap, its $170.00 for a gallon, but it does go a long way....
1 oz per 20 gallons of diesel and you're ready to rip!

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #40  
That bio clean is not cheap, its $170.00 for a gallon, but it does go a long way....
1 oz per 20 gallons of diesel and you're ready to rip!
The good stuff is never cheap. I use it because it has the MSDS label attached to every bottle and a little goes a long way. Have not had issue one since I started using it.