My beloved Duramax needs help.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #41  
#1 things with diesel fuel
Buy it clean.
Clean system & filters.
Keep it moving.

Guys with tractors that sit for months is bad ju ju. If you have to let it sit for extended periods, fill the tank

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #42  
The longest I have ever stored diesel was for 8 yrs, inside of a barn and treated with pri D diesel treatment every 2 years.
It was 275 gals, I gave it to my neighbor when I moved, he ran it in his older John Deere tractor and had no problems at all.
I believe it lasted that long because it was kept inside all those yrs.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help.
Final bragging post no weeping trucks starting and running very good To my surprise fender liner went in pretty easy with minimal muscle and no leftover fasteners which is always a bonus they are t15 stars if anyone goes this fender liner route which for me is way better to do it correctly with my backwoods skills or lack there of. Also did some research apologize can't find the haydudes cp4 post but in 2015-2016 Bosch supposedly upgraded to more durable components on subsequent later cp4 high pressure pumps to include housing, camshaft, roller tappets and gear pump. Per a non Bosch website and I couldn't find an actual gm service bulletin so take it how you want my subsequent reading also said adding extra lubrication to fuel which I call snake oil is a good practice among countless other suggestions. I'm selfishly relieved I'm not tapping into my fun money which will eventually be enough for my future two post lift. Than the overconfident, misadventures, and four letter words may be prevalent lol. Finally if anyone thinks a new truck is the answer comparably equipped duramax's would set me back a jaw dropping 65k this one was under 50k out the door. Again a Big thanks to everyone who contributed. something to quell my initially ridiculous worst case scenario.

Attachments

• KIMG2460.JPG
    KIMG2460.JPG
    918.8 KB · Views: 32
   / My beloved Duramax needs help. #45  
I paid 32 for my 1997 F350 way back in 1997 and I still have it. Been offered what I paid for it but it's not for sale...yet.

Need to get it out of the garage (been snoozing all winter) and service it.

97 OBS 4 door 1 ton Ford pickup trucks are in very high demand today. Much easier to work on than the new (engine stuffed under the firewall) trucks today and the 7.3 Forged rod Navistar engines, once you 'upgrade' them last forever with proper care. Fords (Navistar) offered 2 engines in the 7.3 design. The standard sintered rod engine and the special order, forged rod engine that I have. I also had the trans built as well.

I paid 32 for my 1997 F350 way back in 1997 and I still have it. Been offered what I paid for it but it's not for sale...yet.

Need to get it out of the garage (been snoozing all winter) and service it.

97 OBS 4 door 1 ton Ford pickup trucks are in very high demand today. Much easier to work on than the new (engine stuffed under the firewall) trucks today and the 7.3 Forged rod Navistar engines, once you 'upgrade' them last forever with proper care. Fords (Navistar) offered 2 engines in the 7.3 design. The standard sintered rod engine and the special order, forged rod engine that I have. I also had the trans built as well.
To bad it's not a 7.3 baby dump with a manual lol. I look to drive this truck into the ground learning and doing everything I can on it within reason, myself from now on lol. I'm thinking a 9k cap. two post will help.

Last edited:
   / My beloved Duramax needs help. #47  
#1 things with diesel fuel
Buy it clean.
Clean system & filters.
Keep it moving.

Guys with tractors that sit for months is bad ju ju. If you have to let it sit for extended periods, fill the tank

My stuff sits for months on end, I do keep the equipment in a climate controlled shop.

I think the reason why my stuff never gets algae is due to Wyoming's super dry climate. I never hear of people using biocide. I even asked the guy that delivers my fuel if they use it and got a confused look.

I guess we need to add a footnote to the discussion that if you don't live in a humid climate, you really don't need to worry about a biocide.

Read and been told sunlight promotes algae growth also. Reading about other folks nightmares I'll keep using power service brand biokleen at maintenance levels minimum.

/ My beloved Duramax needs help. #50  
I guess we need to add a footnote to the discussion that if you don't live in a humid climate, you really don't need to worry about a biocide.

So true! Out here in the desert there is no condensation to worry about. Low humidity takes care of that!

When I lived in Pennsylvania it seems the humidity was always at least 90%. This is what we see around here:

humidity3 7-15-23.jpg

What's called a "dry" heat...no matter how hard you work sweat does not appear on your body because it evaporates instantly.