My home made Row Hipper

/ My home made Row Hipper #11  
I thought you might be shying away from welding on the drawbar. My suggestion for adding four bolts mean two over and two under the existing 2, on the outside of the drawbar. Hilling powder makes it all a mute point. Thanks for listening.
David from jax

/ My home made Row Hipper
My suggestion for adding four bolts mean two over and two under the existing 2, on the outside of the drawbar.

David from jax

Thanks David,

cool, I'll keep that idea as plan B. The good thing is, I got a scrap pile, welder at the ready and I'm always in R/D (research and development) mood.:D

JC,

/ My home made Row Hipper #13  
yes I was talking about the pipe holding brackets,

I look at things the way I would end up using them and from my experience,

and most of that has been from a commercial farming operation over thousands of aces of use for a machine, and I am reasonable sure if I put that on my tractor and would go use it in my soils I would be rebuilding the unit soon, but that is with 100HP+ tractors and multiple rows of units,

not one row on a small tractor, and for your needs it may be plenty, I just have a feeling that it would look different after a few rounds if it was on my tractor,

but if I put it on a garden, small utility type tractor, which I think is what you have it may be the Idea thing,

/ My home made Row Hipper
yes I was talking about the pipe holding brackets,

I look at things the way I would end up using them and from my experience,

and most of that has been from a commercial farming operation over thousands of aces of use for a machine, and I am reasonable sure if I put that on my tractor and would go use it in my soils I would be rebuilding the unit soon, but that is with 100HP+ tractors and multiple rows of units,

not one row on a small tractor, and for your needs it may be plenty, I just have a feeling that it would look different after a few rounds if it was on my tractor,

but if I put it on a garden, small utility type tractor, which I think is what you have it may be the Idea thing,

Yes , I totally agree with your statements. Only thing is this is going to be done on a few rows no longer than may be 25-30 yards with the ground that is already worked and fluffed up to a powder. I know this thing would not survive virgin ground. I use a light compact tractor that is 2 wheel drive with turf tires. I bet you,I'd lose traction before this thing starts yielding out of shape. I see this thing is at least as good as what they sell for $500 or so, did not cost me much and I'm willing and able to modify as I need.

JC,

/ My home made Row Hipper #15  
I am trying to figure out a little different approach. I have 8" of good soil on top of a sandy/gravelly subgrade. We made rows with a walk area between by scraping up the walk area (12-18") and piling it on top giving a raised planting bed 12" deep. Did it all by hand and it was a lot of work. Next spring we want to make beds as wide as the 3PT tiller and make it permanent. Has any one seen a way to scrape out a flat area 18" wide and throw the material to each side. Then all we have to do is flatten it out on top. Till it and then keep the sides dressed up manually. We could then expand our garden easily and grow more. We have plenty of vacant land to use. I have good metal working capability with welder and all and all winter to build something to attach to the 3PT hitch.

Ron