My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,731  
Each room has it's own circulation pump?? Gator you sure about that?
Now my boiler supplies baseboards for heat. 4 zones, 2 up, 2 down. Each zone has its own circulating pump and thermostat. Upstairs zones run more often than basement, but some of that is because downstairs thremostat are set a few degrees cooler. But the prior house with a boiler system put in in the 60"s? used one circulating pump and three zone valves. Just my experience. Both house are in northern Michigan. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,732  
Just repeating what he said. I don’t know how it works. He said if you turn the t-stat down to 55 in one room and close the door you can set the t-stat to 72 in an adjacent room.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,733  
There is a lot of granularity available in design but depending on what kind of floor you have uou may experience bleed over. This is a 4-5 inch insulated slab. At around 3:30 I started a small fire in the woodstove. The temp in the main room had come down to 77 degrees.
Daughters office is still 79.
We have snow today and I’ve been on a marathon it support issue for 5 days now. So I’m just poking the heat issue a little but can’t really dig into it right now.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,734  
Mine is essentially like that, so it can certainly be done. Here is mine complete:
Radiant plumbing done (2) (Medium).jpg

Radiant wall done (1) (Medium).jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,736  
That is one full room!
I have never seen my neighbors equipment room but from what he described as an electrician’s nightmare sure looks like it apply‘s to yours also.

As Murphy 1244 posted, that is one room full.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,737  
Actually there is plenty of space to work in there as needed and it is all laid out and organized/labeled. I knew I was going to need a fair bit of wall space for all the pumps and controls, so i planned for it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,738  
Finally finished my project last night for work. I can put some focus on the boiler. Asked my wife and daughter and they still didn’t want me to warm the floor any more than it is. The room temp is 68. I don’t know the floor temp. I used to have a laser thermometer for my Pizza oven. But I left that with the old house.
I need to either find a thermostat that works with the boiler or get something like a taco zone switching relay.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,739  
Have you considered a Honeywell T6 Hydronic Thermostat or Honeywell AC11201 Temperature Sensor for Floor Heating Applications? Due to thermal mass, you're going to want to maintain the temperature of the FLOOR. Measuring and triggering on the ambient air temperature will have you always behind the curve.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,740  
And this is why we skipped the hydronic system in our house build, lol. So complicated. (ok also because we were out of cash, haha). But definitely the most comfortable kind of heating!

If you can easily keep your main room 75F+ with modest woodstove fires, the insulated slab will stay warm anyway. The bedrooms on the corners of the house need some air circulation to share the heat, but in our house we like them a bit cooler for cozy sleeping anyway.

I think coldsteeva has it right above, you want to have a thermocouple in the SLAB to measure that temp. Air temperature response to slab heating is such a laggy feedback loop, plus you are confounding it with occasional wood fires and mini splits. Heck even the sudden arrival of strong sunshine on a cloudy winter day could push you way above your t-stat setpoint if the slab is already on the upswing.