My Kubota is causing me pain!

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #41  
Hopefully Kubota makes this right as it's clearly not your fault that it broke. Does Kubota offer insurance like KTAC in Canada? If you do decide to keep it insurance would relieve any worries about the fix not being correct.

No KTAC in Canada.

Locktite to hold a bearing is a normal procedure, Locktite 641 Bearing Retainer is made for that purpose.

10 Hrs labor is because the tractor had to be split mid case in order to get to the pump. However, if I discovered a bearing had moved, and I had to split the tractor, I would replace the bearing AND use Bearing retainer.

This is without a doubt related to your previous issue at 44hrs, and I would fight every step of the way including litigation if you have to, the reality is a bearing should NEVER spin inside the "Portblock" and it leads me to believe that your tractor suffers from a manufacturing flaw in the portblock and it should have been replaced under warranty initially.

Also, 1+2hrs to figure it out will continue to pile up. I am predicting they will split the tractor before they figure it out again.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #42  
There is KTAC in Canada. It was offered to me but I would have had to finance so I didn't get it. Just used my homeowners to cover it since I paid cash.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain!
Update

I apologise for the delay in responding, this was due to the dealer takes its time to get back to us.

They have indicated that, when they took it apart, they believe that the issue was related to the issue at 44 hours and Kubota has agreed to resolve it at their expense. They didn't get into the nuts and bolts of what the issue was but they are waiting for a part and, once that arrives, they will fix it and return it to us - with all charges waived (even the first 1 hour call out to our property).

As a result of the above, I can't really complain at the outcome but I have to admit that the whole experience has not been a good one. Numerous messages had to be left to discover where they were at and what was happening and most of the time their answers didn't appear to be truthful but appeared to be arse covering ones. Promises for calls back were not kept and they had to be chased on a daily basis. Hopefully, this will be the end of it and I can't wait for it to be returned.

Now, from what posters have said above, it would appear that I may need some pointers as to what I should do so as to ensure it is maintained as well as possible in light of the low hours I will be putting on it. If anyone could provide me with some pointers, it would be very much appreciated.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #45  
How has this worked out for you? Problem solved?

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #47  
Yes. It was returned to us about a week after my last post and they waived all charges so, in the end, it cost us nothing.

Good to hear that Kubota did the right thing. That's why I buy their products. Never a problem that wasn't fixed correctly and honorably.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #48  
Hi, I have a 2014 L4600 and my machine stopped going forward and backward. And we took the machine all apart and sent the high pressure pump housing to the dealer and they found out that the seal around the pump was leaking from the pumped pressed on too far from the manufacture and it started to let the hydraulic fluid by-pass the pump instead of going through the pump. They took it apart and pressed it back it properly. Its been working ever since. (There was 170hours on the machine when this happened). John

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #49  
I don't live in the cold climate and I use my tractor a lot more. I would hope that some of you Northern guy would help tell him how to better maintain his tractor. I know that even in good weather I try to start every machine on the farm at least once a month and it it warm up and run. I know one winter I had to wait for things to warm up. Water in the bottom of my trans had frozen and the hyd pump would not work. Lucky it didn't hurt anything. I learned that I had to drain the water from the trans every winter before it got cold.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #50  
I am not a hydro fan but it seems strange to have one going out that often.
Kubota has a good reputation. What was done to the tractor at 44 hours?
Untill it gets checked out carefully it would be impossible to estimate true repair cost.
I have seen the troubleshooting cost as much or more then the actual repair.
Not knowing how it went bad or why a different brand may not be any better or it could be worse.
Good Luck
Neither am I. I would get a hydraulic shuttle gear drive tractor over a hydrostat in that size range for moving round bales and snow removal.

Hydro's have the place but for a working unit in your setting, not ideal