My Kubota is causing me pain!

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #11  
If it is any consolation, it is extremely rare to have problems with Hydro's of any brand, and Kubota in particular. I believe your problem is related to a relief valve in the Hydro. A pressure test on the hydro would confirm or deny that. It is not a complicated procedure and can be done without opening the transmission. I assume this problem manifests itself in any range?.. Remember the range selector is just a non complicated manual transmission behind the Hydro motor on the way to the final reduction gearing.

As others have said, I would try to get the Kubota field rep in on this as soon as possible.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #12  
Is the park brake engaged ?

I suppose that is a possibility ,but in low range most of them will over ride the parking brake and move anyway, although a bit sluggish, and in high range the hydro would whine like a banshee. I would think he would notice. :)

/ My Kubota is causing me pain!
Three thoughts here...

Get "Kubota" involved (even though maybe out of warranty) ...

Get any work done at "new" dealer...

Maybe the problem (and many others may have experienced) is why "old" dealer lost franchise...

Dale

Kubota are involved and have stated that they will speak to dealer so that the dealer can get back to us.

The old dealer are out of the picture at this time, we haven't spoken to them at all.

I appreciate that the old dealer may have screwed something up but, if that was the case, one would have expected the new dealer to have resolved the issue when they previously dealt with it at the 44 hour mark.

If it is any consolation, it is extremely rare to have problems with Hydro's of any brand, and Kubota in particular. I believe your problem is related to a relief valve in the Hydro. A pressure test on the hydro would confirm or deny that. It is not a complicated procedure and can be done without opening the transmission. I assume this problem manifests itself in any range?.. Remember the range selector is just a non complicated manual transmission behind the Hydro motor on the way to the final reduction gearing.

As others have said, I would try to get the Kubota field rep in on this as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Would this not have been discernible when the dealer's rep attended yesterday, or does it require the tractor to be taken to the shop? The guy that attended had a huge amount of equipment with him.

The first thing I thought was that I had knocked it so that it was between the ranges. Checked all of them and none worked.

I suppose that is a possibility ,but in low range most of them will over ride the parking brake and move anyway, although a bit sluggish, and in high range the hydro would whine like a banshee. I would think he would notice. :)

Brake was not on and we always use it in mid range. As I said, there were no noises at all, when pedal was pressed, nothing happened.

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #16  
Brake was not on and we always use it in mid range. As I said, there were no noises at all, when pedal was pressed, nothing happened.

Understand. A pressure test is simply a high pressure gauge (5000+ lbs.) attached to a pressure port on the hydro. This will tell you if the pump is making pressure . I didn't' figure the parking brake was on, but hey it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #17  
Was it below freezing when the problem happened? Was it below freezing at the 44hr mark?

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #18  
Was it below freezing when the problem happened? Was it below freezing at the 44hr mark?

Are you thinking water from condensate in a very underutilized transmission?

/ My Kubota is causing me pain! #19  
What everyone else has said which is why the quality of the dealership is about as important as the tractor. One dealership told me to go pound sand another got me a brand new engine after the warranty had expired. He determined had missed something earlier. The last new machine we bought was a John Deere. Our present Kubota dealer took the place of one who had their contract canceled due to poor quality of work. There is a dealership eighteen miles away, but I travel the extra thirty or so miles to a good one.

Traditionally, if a tractor wasn't going to be used much, we bought a used one and you will find my brother on an old Ford or Case as often as a newer one.

Best of luck in resolving your issues.

On Saturday it was around 0 celcius. Not warm but, in my neck of the woods, not particularly cold either. I have used the tractor in -30 celcius without issues in the past.

I can't recall if it was below freezing at the 44 hour mark, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.