My log skidding/ballast hitch project

/ My log skidding/ballast hitch project
Thanks guys. It turned out pretty well. I notice a huge difference when using my loader. Much better weight distribution. Amazing what 500+ lbs of counterweight does!

It serves three purposes. Skidder hitch, ballast box, and trailer mover. The ball on the top is for goose neck trailers. Also it can serve as a winch anchor as the blade will dig into the ground when pulled in reverse.

/ My log skidding/ballast hitch project #13  
Looks good enough to paint green and yellow........

/ My log skidding/ballast hitch project #15  
that is some really great work, do you have any plans you could post.would really like
something like that

that is some really great work, do you have any plans you could post.would really like
something like that

Thanks for the compliment! It has been working well!

/ My log skidding/ballast hitch project #17  
Pretty slick. I've been contemplating building something like that when I get some spare time. What I'd really like to do is build one with a winch - but I'm having a hard time finding a candidate for a suitable PTO winch that doesn't cost a fortune.

With a skidder like the one you made - how do you get the logs to it - you must have either get the tractor right up on the log or drag it out a bit at a time before you can finally get the tractor right up on it.

Pretty slick. I've been contemplating building something like that when I get some spare time. What I'd really like to do is build one with a winch - but I'm having a hard time finding a candidate for a suitable PTO winch that doesn't cost a fortune.

With a skidder like the one you made - how do you get the logs to it - you must have either get the tractor right up on the log or drag it out a bit at a time before you can finally get the tractor right up on it.

Yeah if the logs are deep in the woods I pull them out with a long chain... Then reattach and hook up to skidder hitch.

Those skidder winches like Farmi makes would be great for logging. The pto winch is really slick. Not sure where you could get something like that for do it yourself.

/ My log skidding/ballast hitch project #20  
Seems like there are often cheap PTO winches on Craigslist here, but they are from trucks. The problem would be making it reverse using a tractor PTO.

Bruce