My LS P7010C purchase story

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #11  
Mike, best wishes for a speedy recovery! Don't forget the pics of the new tractor.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story
Ssssshhhhh.... Small chance tractor may arrive Thursday...but keep it on the down low...lol

The way thing have been going for me this year so far, I'll probably get it for Christmas. Lmao

Well it doesn't look good for delivery this week... I need an attorney to sue this guy named Murphy that keeps putting his laws on me.. :(

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #14  
I agree good prices are hard to beat, but when you are buying something that requires service after the sale, you need to stay close to home.
I understand the first dealer's frustration, it's hard to get deals these days and you have to make money to stay in business. If you were in his shoes you would to. He has every right to be upset. The predicament you will have is where to go for warranty work. Obviously you have burned your bridge w/ the first dealer. I'm sure there aren't that many LS dealers around so you may be begging the out-of-state dealer to do your warranty. He doesn't plan on it, that's why he low-balled the initial price. He doesn't plan on seeing you again.

So, even though you got a good price, you may have compounded your problem for support down the road. Like I always say, the best price isn't always the best price. And the fact that you don't know anything about tractors, you may need someone close that you can lean on for help and advice. Unfortuantely, it won't be your closest dealer. Good luck.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #15  
I agree good prices are hard to beat, but when you are buying something that requires service after the sale, you need to stay close to home.
I understand the first dealer's frustration, it's hard to get deals these days and you have to make money to stay in business. If you were in his shoes you would to. He has every right to be upset. The predicament you will have is where to go for warranty work. Obviously you have burned your bridge w/ the first dealer. I'm sure there aren't that many LS dealers around so you may be begging the out-of-state dealer to do your warranty. He doesn't plan on it, that's why he low-balled the initial price. He doesn't plan on seeing you again.

So, even though you got a good price, you may have compounded your problem for support down the road. Like I always say, the best price isn't always the best price. And the fact that you don't know anything about tractors, you may need someone close that you can lean on for help and advice. Unfortuantely, it won't be your closest dealer. Good luck.

I dont understand why folks think a dealer wouldnt do warranty work if you didnt buy the tractor there. They make money on it just like any other repair, charge you to come get it and take it back so if they refuse to do the work, they are just spitting themselves and loosing the work. Most tractor dealers I have seen arent THAT busy that they can afford to turn away work. Besides that, if they refuse, a call to the brands headquarters can get that fixed pretty fast or they could loose their dealership franchise for refusing to do warranty work. Sure they might put you behind their other customers to be vindictive but realize that unless it is a one man operation where the owner is the salesman and shop foreman, you wont be dealing with the pizzed off saleman who lost his commission. I am sure the dealership owners would welcome the business.
Thats just my opinion from a guy that has moved around alot and never had any issue getting warranty work done from other dealers on cars and trucks that is. Tractors shouldnt be any different. You could establish a working relationship with the local guy via buying your replacement parts like filters, oil etc from him which should cement you with the parts/shop guys.
If the whole dealership is so childish as to hold a grudge against you for buying somewhere else at a lower cost then forget about him and get your parts somewhere else while notifying the Headquarters of their refusal and try to make their life a living He!! as much as you can. Grudges work both ways and you have nothing to lose anyway but the dealer sure as heck does. Internet and or phone orders work just as well.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #16  
Dealers in the equipment industry lose on warranty. Many repairs not covered, diagnostic time not covered and manufacturers only pay flat rate determined under pristine conditions, not field conditions. Also a fraction of the dealer's labor rate and a small mark-up on parts. Also, customers many times dispute the P.U. and del. so the dealer winds up eating that also. It's not fair to saddle a non-selling dealer w/ warranty for a product bought somewhere else because it was cheaper. That's spitting in the dealers face.
The customer that buys only on price needs to be prepared to go back to the originating dealer. That is that dealers obligation to do his warranty work.
It is definitely not like the car industy.

You should not have to pay for customer service and support. If he would have matched the price, he would have made over $2000, but he got greedy and I didn't like his attitude and comments about the grey market dealers. If something does happen to the tractor and he doesn't want to repair it, I have no problem calling the manufacturer, If they don't want to do anything about it, then the advantage of being in sales will help me, I have 114 accounts and they all love me. Once the story gets out, Im sure that one of them will point me to an attorney friend and law suit will follow. I was not the A-hole, I just needed to buy the best tractor for my money. Remember, this farm was dumped on me, with no incoming income. Im already in the hole close to $35000 and its not moving fast enough. If he would have matched it, remember I paid $1500 for delivery and he could have delivered it for 2 tanks of gas. Then I would have been loyal to him.
If i start ranting and raving in front of my doctors that other sales men are coming in and low balling me, I have 2 choices, put up or get out....not ***** and cry about it.
In the end, steve gave me a great price and will always be grateful to him. Im sure that he will give me all the phone support I need and will direct me to where I need to go in the event something does happen.

Oh by the way...she's on her way home.... IMG_0844.jpg

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #18  
Good looking machine. You name it yet?

Was going to name her Steve, after the guy that sold it to me...lol
But it looks like her name will be Betty boo... After the person that gave me permission to buy her...lmao

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #20  
Dealers in the equipment industry lose on warranty. Many repairs not covered, diagnostic time not covered and manufacturers only pay flat rate determined under pristine conditions, not field conditions. Also a fraction of the dealer's labor rate and a small mark-up on parts. Also, customers many times dispute the P.U. and del. so the dealer winds up eating that also. It's not fair to saddle a non-selling dealer w/ warranty for a product bought somewhere else because it was cheaper. That's spitting in the dealers face.
The customer that buys only on price needs to be prepared to go back to the originating dealer. That is that dealers obligation to do his warranty work.
It is definitely not like the car industy.
I think that whole thing with dealers loosing on warranty is a crock of SXXX and you have been brainwashed into believing it OR you are trying to make us believe it. They dont LOOSE anything, they just have to settle for a reasonable cost to fix it which is what we all should be paying in the firs place. They are raping folks with repair costs in most cases and the manufacturers wont pay that. They know just how long a competent mechanic should take to diagnose and fix a broken part and they know the price the dealer pays for the part. They may not get to mark up the parts 200% as normal practice but I'm sure they get a little for handling cost. That is all they pay for, not the coffee breaks, BS sessions and ***** scratching that they do when looking at the machine.
A good example of screwing the customer was when I took my B26 in with specific instructions to check the hydraulic operating pressures as the machine was getting weak. Rather than check the pressures and flow, they took it out to dig a bit with it, swapped 4 of the hydraulic hoses around to screw up the operation and charged me $150 (2 hours labor) then said they fixed the problem. When I got it home, I couldnt even operate it as everything was backward. First thing I had to do was find and undo all the hydraulic hoses that they moved and then discover that it still was the same way, they hadnt done anything to it. When I asked them about the flow test or pressure relief valve test: No we didnt do that. Does anyone think that warranty would pay a dealer for that kind of work? I had no choice but to pay if I wanted my tractor back and this from the biggest dealer in Arkansas who has 2 Kubota dealerships that I know of and maybe more.
Think about this, if the dealers, especially large volume car dealers didnt make money on warranty work, they would be out of business pretty fast since the majority of work done is warranty work with perhaps some oil changes thrown in. In todays world of car sales, in order to be competitive, they arent making big money on the initial sale and the salesman gets half of the profit in the sale as commission (in most cases) which is why they jack the price up and hope to find an uninformed customer. The internet has provided most folks with a quick way to compare prices nationwide in just a few minutes but repairs are a different story. The owner is usually at the shops mercy as they have a broken machine and need it to be un-broken as soon as possible so they pay the going rate. Even the mom and pop mechanic shops charge the same rates as dealers in most cases so it usually doesnt pay dividends to go anywhere else. It's similar racket to health care, where else are you going to go in the USA as it is all the same price.