My LS P7010C purchase story

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #21  
That's spitting in the dealers face.

So per your comment, we should all just pay the offending dealer his asking price and go merrily on our way with a face full of spit which is what he is doing to us when he quotes thousands more than another dealer. We can make up for it by paying his inflated prices for parts and service later also.
If one dealer can make a profit at XXXX dollars any other dealer should also unless he is too greedy to deal in which case he deserves to lose the business and get all the unfavorable advertisement from word of mouth that can be put out.
If Mike paid $1500 for delivery and still got a much better price, that should tell you something about the first dealer and his price gouging.
By the way, if he continues to try and sell at inflated prices, he is likely not going to be in business long enough to do any warranty work anyway. There is or should be a limit to customer loyalty to a nearby dealer when the refuse to negotiate on pricing. What every happened to the "find a better price and we will match it" philosopy. Or as some car dealers advertise, "find a better price and we will match it and give you $1000." Now that is confidence in your pricing.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #22  
I'm glad you know it all Mr. Fowler. You've got it all figured out.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #23  
I'm glad you know it all Mr. Fowler. You've got it all figured out.

Some of us do and then they are those that dont have a clue and those folks sure are an annoyance to all of us that do.
No offence to your dealership but dont try to make anyone believe that you loose money on warranty work.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story
Gary Fowler for LS tractor CEO...you have my vote.... If I didn't know any better, I would guess that tidy tractor is either the guy that tried to sell me the tractor or his twin brother. In either case, I hope that for LS my tractor doesn't have any warranty issues, because they will see how crazy a cuban redneck can be.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #25  
I could be speaking off base here, because I'm not sure about the tractor world, but I'm in the auto business, and I can tell you, we're glad to get service business, regardless of where it comes from. Warranty work, yes we are paid by the manufacturer. They're set pay rates for a particular job, based as Gary stated, on average time for a {competent} technician to complete. It may be minimal pay warranty work this time, but if the customer is taken care of they WILL return for customer pay service, as well.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #26  
I could be speaking off base here, because I'm not sure about the tractor world, but I'm in the auto business, and I can tell you, we're glad to get service business, regardless of where it comes from. Warranty work, yes we are paid by the manufacturer. They're set pay rates for a particular job, based as Gary stated, on average time for a {competent} technician to complete. It may be minimal pay warranty work this time, but if the customer is taken care of they WILL return for customer pay service, as well.

I totally agree. I would think some income via warranty work is better than no work. It might not put a pool in your backyard but it keeps the bills paid and your employees with a paycheck.
Not to mention the training value for the techs. More exposure to the machine (tractors in this case) increases experience which pays dividends in the long run.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story
Well going to the farm was a wasted day, tractor wont be in until monday or tuesday. Im really pissed, not sure at who but I was promised the tractor on saturday and now I have to wait until he's ready to come down from his other delivery.
all the work that needs to get done and now I may have to cancel an appointment or two to go and wait for him.... whatever, can't control so Im going to just hope its monday on my birthday... can't wait...

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #28  
Judging from the lack of problems not posted here on TBN about LS tractors, I find it hard to see any LS dealer making much money off of warranty repairs.
To be fair, I had one warranty issue with a starter fried by a bad battery ground bolt. The dealer got me a new starter sent to me. Put it on and happily tractoring since. I think it was just a "freak" occurrence. 300hrs on the machine and she still isn't quite broken in yet.

As for an out of state dealer? In Alaska, there is only one LS dealer 250mi away from me. I find that distance is not as big a factor if you have reasonable wrench skills.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #29  
Judging from the lack of problems not posted here on TBN about LS tractors, I find it hard to see any LS dealer making much money off of warranty repairs.
To be fair, I had one warranty issue with a starter fried by a bad battery ground bolt. The dealer got me a new starter sent to me. Put it on and happily tractoring since. I think it was just a "freak" occurrence. 300hrs on the machine and she still isn't quite broken in yet.

As for an out of state dealer? In Alaska, there is only one LS dealer 250mi away from me. I find that distance is not as big a factor if you have reasonable wrench skills.
I totally agree with this. Only major issues with a tractor would require dealer issue. All of the farm tractor dealers send a truck out to you for diagnostic and repair in the field if possible. It seems that these CUT dealers want you to truck it in or pay them to haul it back to their shop to change a fuse or some other easily fixed problem from a service truck. Of course back 40 years ago when I was farming, dealers didnt charge you to come pick up a tractor for warranty work either but now very few will include transportation for free.

/ My LS P7010C purchase story #30  
I think that whole thing with dealers loosing on warranty is a crock of SXXX and you have been brainwashed into believing it OR you are trying to make us believe it. They dont LOOSE anything, they just have to settle for a reasonable cost to fix it which is what we all should be paying in the firs place. They are raping folks with repair costs in most cases and the manufacturers wont pay that. They know just how long a competent mechanic should take to diagnose and fix a broken part and they know the price the dealer pays for the part. They may not get to mark up the parts 200% as normal practice but I'm sure they get a little for handling cost. That is all they pay for, not the coffee breaks, BS sessions and ***** scratching that they do when looking at the machine.
A good example of screwing the customer was when I took my B26 in with specific instructions to check the hydraulic operating pressures as the machine was getting weak. Rather than check the pressures and flow, they took it out to dig a bit with it, swapped 4 of the hydraulic hoses around to screw up the operation and charged me $150 (2 hours labor) then said they fixed the problem. When I got it home, I couldnt even operate it as everything was backward. First thing I had to do was find and undo all the hydraulic hoses that they moved and then discover that it still was the same way, they hadnt done anything to it. When I asked them about the flow test or pressure relief valve test: No we didnt do that. Does anyone think that warranty would pay a dealer for that kind of work? I had no choice but to pay if I wanted my tractor back and this from the biggest dealer in Arkansas who has 2 Kubota dealerships that I know of and maybe more.
Think about this, if the dealers, especially large volume car dealers didnt make money on warranty work, they would be out of business pretty fast since the majority of work done is warranty work with perhaps some oil changes thrown in. In todays world of car sales, in order to be competitive, they arent making big money on the initial sale and the salesman gets half of the profit in the sale as commission (in most cases) which is why they jack the price up and hope to find an uninformed customer. The internet has provided most folks with a quick way to compare prices nationwide in just a few minutes but repairs are a different story. The owner is usually at the shops mercy as they have a broken machine and need it to be un-broken as soon as possible so they pay the going rate. Even the mom and pop mechanic shops charge the same rates as dealers in most cases so it usually doesnt pay dividends to go anywhere else. It's similar racket to health care, where else are you going to go in the USA as it is all the same price.

Mr. Gary Fowler & Mike1369,

Sounds like you probably have never been in the position to have to do Warranty Work on a Tractor from a dealers standpoint, "ALL" manufactures have their set times allowed for repairs and only pay you for the allotted time they deem required for the repair, many times it is not sufficient time to do the repairs in less than ideal conditions and as a dealer you are fortunate to break even on repairs AND Warranty's do not pay for pickup and delivery of the tractor or cleaning time, dealers eat that cost too. Gary, one dealers sin doesn't make all Dealers guilty, that's no way to go about doing business. Mike1369, as you already know nothings free, so getting the cheapest price and the best service would be ideal but a bit unrealistic. If you do have an issue I don't see the dealer all the way from Indiana driving down to pick up your tractor and fix it, so they can afford to sell at a cheaper price, they plan on never seeing the Tractor again! TractorTidy's got it right here. Mike1369 congratulations on your purchase, the P7010C has been a great tractor and should serve you well for a long time!

The issue is now mute however A Man's Word still means a lot out here and you did break it with the original dealer according to your post, you should have at least asked him to match the deal or get really close to it.