My new 4300 project

/ My new 4300 project
Comment: Your welds look great as does your build/fab job. :thumbsup:

Suggestion, if you are going to use this rig in brush, change out the quick clips (shown in pic #3) with bolt/lock nuts or you risk losing that arm and some serious damage to casting can happen.

Also, with using the quick hitch you show, then the need for frequent changes in the stabilizers is reduced considerably. I only have one 3 pt attachment now that isn't iMatch ready to hook up and go.

Ehh, what do you know. You're just some guy on the internet...

(close call, they're bolted now.)
0603171144.jpg

/ My new 4300 project
43sno2.jpg
43snow1.jpg

Had to open up a new path to the front door last night to get an oven in the house with the loader. The model 59 beats shoveling-NO CONTEST!

/ My new 4300 project
Great pics.. they would be great to post in the "snow weapons" thread.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...ctures-your-snow-weapons-491.html#post5353002

One of the stock tractor halogen headlights burned out so I decided to take a chance on a cheap ebay 880 HID light kit when they had a 15% off everything sale two weeks ago. Plug and play, I'll probably do something to tidy up the wires, but I wanted to see how it worked first. 4300hid.jpg
I forgot to take a picture of the before/after but it is MUCH brighter than the factory lights. Very glad I did it, I'd guess twice the visibility of the original 885 halogens. My 455 will be getting the same treatment, I don't know why deere was so opposed to bright headlights.

/ My new 4300 project
Update: Blew a head gasket. Faint bubbles in the coolant tank, obvious leak between combustion and coolant on cyl. 3 due to a low spot. Split the tractor, pulled the engine, stripped it down to the block and took it to the machine shop. He took off "no more than 0.004" to get it flat. To recap, the block wasn't decked when I rebuilt it originally, I don't know why I didn't think to have it decked.