My new L3800 has arrived.

/ My new L3800 has arrived. #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
Did a little playing on it today, to be sure everything worked, to check that the backhoe mounts up, and to check for the DREADED JERKY HITCH.

First, I'm really diggin' this hydro thing. I wish I had gone HST 7 years ago. Live and loin.

Second, the ride with these turfs and suspended seat is sweet. The R4's and non-suspended seat I had on the L2800 made it ride like a Radio Flyer. There is also noticeably more room around the operator, between the fenders.

I noticed right away that operating the loader while using simultaneous lift and curl had no noticeable impact on the pump or motor... my L2800 used to labor a bit when doing that. The visibility around the hood is much better.

The dealer told me that the subframe for my BH80-X backhoe bolted right onto the L3800 with no complications. The only issue I had with it today is that the fancy new toolbox is in the way of the backhoe seat. I was thinking of relocating the toolbox to the left fender anyway.

Once I had the backhoe on, I did some running around in low range, at 2,200 rpm. I was pleased to note no strain whatsoever; I'm no longer concerned about the weight all up, the horsepower and the HST.

Lastly...

I mounted my boxblade and raised the lever.

No, it's not smooth as silk, but it IS improved over what I had. My L2800 3-pt. hitch would jump hard when I made small upward adjustments. Something is changed here; it still moves a little quickly, but the hard jerking is gone. WHEW.

Well, that's all for now. Lots of work is on the horizon....

Attachments

• 100_2259.jpg
    100_2259.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_2261.jpg
    100_2261.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 100_2258.jpg
    100_2258.jpg
    884.5 KB · Views: 752
   / My new L3800 has arrived. #2  
Nice looking rig. Now go and get it dirty. Have fun and be careful..

/ My new L3800 has arrived. #3  
Ha. I knew you would like it. I am glad you got one of the better 3pt's. If you do any fine grading of gravel or dirt, you will really appreciate that hydro.. it lets you slow down when you need to slow down and speed up when you need to speed up. Also when mowing around things.. it is just so much safer to creep around when needed and get going when you need to. Good Luck with it, I am sure you will enjoy it more and more.

James K0UA

/ My new L3800 has arrived. #5  
That was quick! Looks like you have many years of happy tractoring ahead of you.

/ My new L3800 has arrived. #7  
Nice tractor... like they said, try to get some dirt on it and you'll be able to get rid of the sunglasses... and by the way, you're a lot prettier than we expected!!

Sean

/ My new L3800 has arrived. #8  
Nice tractor... like they said, try to get some dirt on it and you'll be able to get rid of the sunglasses... and by the way, you're a lot prettier than we expected!!

Sean

+1 on that, you are downright foxy looking.:D

James K0UA

/ My new L3800 has arrived.
Thanks for the compliments, fellas!
That's my lovely daughter, the science teacher.

The day I met her fiance-to-be, a friend and I were cleaning shotguns at the kitchen table. Right outside the window was the ol' L2800, complete with backhoe.

The kid was speechless at the door for a whole 10 seconds. My, was he a polite young man!

/ My new L3800 has arrived. #10  
Nice tractor, and I especially like the driver...:thumbsup: I notice you need to change the model tractor under your avatar picture. But, I understand if you are having fun playing with your new tractor. The tread on the turf tires look like they could be the snow tread on my F250. Enjoy your new tractor and keep the pictures coming. :thumbsup:

Tom