My new old YM240

/ My new old YM240 #43  
That alternator and regulator were also used on 70~73 Datsun so replacements will always be easy to find. The plugs match up and everything.
These things are simple to maintain.

/ My new old YM240 #44  
Another Yanmar man is born/converted/awakened! :thumbsup: Now it will only be a matter of time hopefully we will get to see how many other attachments he will "need" haha!

/ My new old YM240 #46  
That will work as well! ;)

/ My new old YM240 #48  
You and all your friends will love this: :D

I must buy a Yanmar Tractor

Re that JD850 appearance - this is an 'early' series YM240 with the hood hinged at the rear and headlights alongside the grill, not within it. About 1977. Its shape is closer to a Deere. Not much difference from the 'late' series YM240 aside from the sheet metal. There were four 'revision levels' and that is the first.

Eh? Winston? I can't hear you. :)

CarDoc's advice on PowerService is a good idea. But Friday I gave the YM240 a third dose of PS, now 50% over the 'premium' proportion, when the racket was getting to me during monotonous hours running the backhoe in one location. I'm not sure it helped. What does help is the HF Yellow $10 earmuffs that give real silence. Their two red versions aren't as effective.

Yes....welcome to the site and congratulations on getting a great tractor, cheap. Please do consider some high-quality ear protectors. :D
My 2210 has done everything I've ever asked it to do, any issues it's had can be traced back to my ignorance/misuse. It's a simple, bullet-proof rig. If you are at all handy with a wrench you can fix just about anything on it yourself.