my new wood rack

/ my new wood rack #1  

hizoot

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 2520
Just got done building ths rack...it kind of kept growing as I went along. I mean the roof was an afterthought. But with the 2x2x1/4" tubing weighing 6-700lbs, the cedar shingle roof and its substructure brings it up to 1000lbs+ and cord of oak weighs in around 3500lbs...total is about 4500lbs. My JD 2520 didnt break a sweat dragging it around the house and positioning it....

Attachments

• feb 2011 026.jpg
    feb 2011 026.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 4,822
  • feb 2011 027.jpg
    feb 2011 027.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 3,049
   / my new wood rack #2  
Very nice...did you have a plan to work from or is the design original?

Not to take anything away from it...but a little ginger bread on the gable fascia might not look bad...!

/ my new wood rack #3  
With the cold weather I have a real appreation for any wood rack that contains firewood. Running alittle short here soon.

/ my new wood rack #4  
I like it, nice job.
Running alittle short here soon.
Same here, I have electric heat but since moving here over two years ago it hasn't been on once, I dont want to start now. I've got over a cord cut in the woods in different spots but my tractor is down and I've got no way to get it .....Mike

/ my new wood rack #5  
Very nice......... you sure don't have to worry about overloading it. Only thing I may have done different, would be just pitch the whole roof away from the house so water is not coming down the roof , hitting the wood rack, and then being directed right at your foundation. But...... no doubt I'm over thiinking it. :thumbsup:

/ my new wood rack #6  
Great job. I love the Texas sign on it too. Really professional looking and complementary to the house.

/ my new wood rack #7  
Very nice. If it didn't have the cross pieces on the very bottom, or if they angled up from the "runners" to the crib, it looks like you could hitch it to the drawbar and skid it on those runners to the splitter and back to the house when it's full. Might want it a bit wider and lower for stability if one were to try that. You just gave me and idea - thanks!

/ my new wood rack #8  
Nice wood rack! Like the roof design....heck the entire thing!

/ my new wood rack #10  
Very nice, fits the Texas them well.

Only bad thing, it reminds me I need to build one.