my new wood rack

/ my new wood rack
Very nice...did you have a plan to work from or is the design original?

Not to take anything away from it...but a little ginger bread on the gable fascia might not look bad...!

Thanks..yeah, it's original. I thought about adding cedar shingle on the end gable like you suggested to dress that part up a little. But snow moved in and I was thinking the project was getting a little overdone...just to hold chunks of wood. I may add that this spring tho. The rack is 6' usable height by 30" deep by 12 feet long. Holds a chord comfortably.
Our home is new with no yard as of now. We will be going hot and heavy in a few weeks. The location of the rack is just temporary and will be a little further away from the house later on. I built it on wide skids to facilitate moving,but the bottom cross pieces will dig in ,so I put temporary pipe rollers under it when moving.
If ya'll notice, I didnt put any finish on the metal. I'm going to let it rust and go over it later with a product that turns the rust into a sort of primer. It will keep it rustic looking and protect it as well. Thats my wifes idea anyways.....