Need a new Jack

/ Need a new Jack #11  
Does someone know where you can get seals for these floor jacks? Mine was leaking, took it apart assuming it would be a normal o-ring and it is not. Manufacture was listed as US but turned out that it, as probably everything, is chinese.

Hate to chuck a perfectly good (otherwise) jack...

/ Need a new Jack
I'll keep a eye out at the local auctions. With the downturn in the economy there have been a lot of businesses going under lately. Personally I have been making out like a bandit at the auctions. Stuff is going cheaper than I have ever seen it. I just picked up a nice Gray heavy truck front end lift 2 weeks ago in Northern Baltimore for $420. That price payed for the adapters it came with and I got a free 10 Ton end lift. It's a buyers market that's for sure. If I run across any nice 3 Ton + jacks in the near future I will drop you a PM and let you know. I usually preview most auctions I go to a couple of day's before auction day so it won't be last minute.

Would you be interested in a long service jack in the 3 to 5 Ton range? I often see those at garage auctions.

Thanks for the offer DP...If you see something please let me know. Right now I am trying to find someone with a Cosco membership also.

/ Need a new Jack
Kennyd, I ended up getting a quick lift jack from Sears and hate the darn thing. I found out quick lift means you have to supply more force yourself. I'm not a big man, maybe 130# soaking wet. I've had to use a 5' breaker bar to jack up the tractor. I have an old one from Sams Club that I'm looking to get rebuilt. That was nice jack, but I'm guessing the seals are worn.

Wedge

Sears just means junk to me anymore...the quality has gone downhill fast there unfortunately.

/ Need a new Jack
Does someone know where you can get seals for these floor jacks? Mine was leaking, took it apart assuming it would be a normal o-ring and it is not. Manufacture was listed as US but turned out that it, as probably everything, is chinese.

Hate to chuck a perfectly good (otherwise) jack...

Have you tried a hydraulic shop?

/ Need a new Jack #15  
You might want to stop by this auction just outside Fairfield. It's a orchard that is going out of business and is selling everything, the orchard, tractors, trucks, shop supplies and equipment. I plan on going to bid on the Gates hydraulic hose machine. They don't list a floor jack in the listing but I would bet there will be a few there since it looks like they are selling everything.

DONALDSON FRUIT FARM & MARKET AUCTION

Last edited:
   / Need a new Jack #17  
I've got a HF floor jack... long wheel base and lift... 3 ton as I recall, maybe 3.5 ton... have been satisfied with it for occasional use...very heavy... 100 lbs or so... paid about $130 for it... think it was on sale and I used a 20% coupon also... just got another 20% off coupon via email today... big sale this weekend...

Have been very glad to have the long throw...on numerous occasions... recommend having one if you have any big, heavy equipment that you might need to lift.

/ Need a new Jack #18  
Thank JB...
I should have clarified: I want a floor jack, NOT a bottle jack.

A friend on another site just recommended the Arcan XL35 from Northern Tools for $150 + $67 shipping, or it seems Cosco sells them for $100 but I need to find a friend with a membership there...

It has great reviews and specs...and it's made in the USA:eek:

I have one of these 3 ton SUV jacks from Home Depot. Cost: $73

3Ton SUV Floor Jack - T83006 at The Home Depot

I bought it to use on my current project--restoring a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor. The BF is a tall, row crop tractor that stands 29" high at the bottom of the main rails. So that SUV jack was of limited use. I had better luck with a bunch of 4x6 cribbing and 1.5 ton scissors jacks ($25 each). Welded 1/4" steel plates to the bottoms of the four main jacks to stablize them.

DSCF0202Small.jpg

/ Need a new Jack #19  
   / Need a new Jack #20  
i have the black craftman 3/3.5ton floor jack; the one that is usually packaged with the jack stands and sold as a special set. its about 10 years old, and has stood up to abuse well. it easilyy lifts the entire front of my cummins powered 4x4 dodges, and has done the "floor-jack-shuffle" with them many times