Need advice for truck anti-theft device

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #71  
I don't think it's a sudden change but more of coming to a town near you.

Twenty or so years ago what I am now hearing spreading was already happening in California Metro areas...

Stores here are closing because of rampant theft... the observe and report private security can't go hands on and police are not the least bit interested if theft is under $950 because at most it's a citation similar to Jay Walking.

It hits home when laundry detergent is under lock and key because it walks out the door.

The Costco types have it a little better as controlled access is a barrier...

What was effective was 3 Strikes long incarceration but it was argued the annual 150k cost to taxpayers was too high.

So why does it cost 150k to incarcerate and if so we need to revisit work farms and such... to get the net cost lower...
Ultra, not always do I see eye to eye with you, but I agree, we spend way to much money coddling criminals.

It’s time that some of their “ rights” get stripped away, if they do the crime as they say…..

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device #72  
I don't think it's a sudden change but more of coming to a town near you.

Twenty or so years ago what I am now hearing spreading was already happening in California Metro areas...

Stores here are closing because of rampant theft... the observe and report private security can't go hands on and police are not the least bit interested if theft is under $950 because at most it's a citation similar to Jay Walking.

It hits home when laundry detergent is under lock and key because it walks out the door.

The Costco types have it a little better as controlled access is a barrier...

What was effective was 3 Strikes long incarceration but it was argued the annual 150k cost to taxpayers was too high.

So why does it cost 150k to incarcerate and if so we need to revisit work farms and such... to get the net cost lower...
Here, in this county, inmates have to earn their keep. They put them on road gangs and have them clean up berms and mow weeds.

/ Need advice for truck anti-theft device
I was on the road this past week. The Ravelco kill switch thing gave me good peace of mind with my truck at the hotel overnight or when I stopped somewhere for dinner. Just pull the plug and clip it to my keychain.

Securing my toolbox is next. I have a RKI crossbed toolbox, it seems pretty secure, but I'm sure it could be pried open easily with the right prybar. Nothing is foolproof, but anything that makes your stuff more of a hassle to compromise, decreases your chance of being the target.

I take all of my expensive test equipment into the hotel at night, but I still have some Milwaukee and other tools I'd rather not have disappear.

So, maybe looking at upgrading the toolbox protection. Any ideas? Or I might swap my box for a Camlocker model. They seem like a more secure design.