Need Advice

/ Need Advice #1  

BMC330

Tractor
Kubota L3301, John Deere 5410
My wife recently inherited 175 acres from her late father. It has about 120 acres of hay fields the rest we clip or is wooded. The land will come with several John Deere tractors that have been neglected over the years. I need a new tractor I can depend on to run without needing work before each use. I have a life long friend that is the manager of my local Kubota dealer so on January 3 I ordered a M7060. He did not give me a time frame on when I should expect delivery. From all I have read it is not looking like I will get it any time soon. I need it in the spring as I have a lot clipping to catch up before it is time to cut hay.

My local Deere dealer has a 5075e in stock. The catch is all of my attachments are for the skid steer quick attach and the Deere system will not work. I ask about swapping the Deere to quick attach and it was going to be more than I am willing to pay. I have several tractor dealers local to me. I want something in the 75 hp range. It seems that I can find every other name brand in my HP range other than Kubota.

Both CNH dealers local to me have the 75A and 75C and 75 Work Master and 75 Power Star units in stock. I see many mixed reviews on the CNH units. I know most people that buy and use tractors do not get online and post reviews so I have mixed feelings.

I have a LS dealer about 60 miles away with 2 units in the HP range but I dont know anything about LS.

I can find Massey 4707 but dealer is around 75 miles away and no local support on these units.

I need something to cut, rake, and move hay. A cab is a must due to the fact my wife is not real happy in late summer in Mississippi when she gets to clip all day.

Any advice on the above tractors?

/ Need Advice #2  
Buy the 4700 series Massey, if it's the 4707 (70hp) that you won't go for it. You won't be sorry, in my opinion they are the most tractor for the money right now.

/ Need Advice #3  
The land will come with several John Deere tractors that have been neglected over the years.
What models, how old and what condition/how badly neglected?

It might (or might not) be worth your while to have one or more gone through and reconditioned rather than buying new.

/ Need Advice
What models, how old and what condition/how badly neglected?

It might (or might not) be worth your while to have one or more gone through and reconditioned rather than buying new.
One is a 5410 2wd with loader. It can be saved. I am in the process of cleaning it up. It needs head liner due to being used under tree limbs causing roof damage and sitting in the weather. I have roof repaired just waiting on some interior parts.

2755 4x4 that has been very neglected. AC would never work so all the windows are missing, I could buy new cheaper than make all the repairs it would need. It runs good but that is about it.

4640 that was ran hot and needs the engine re built. It can be used as long as it has special attention.

One Deere and Kubota in the 50 hp range that are to small other than clipping.

I am OCD with my toys and if I buy new I will always know it has been taken care of.

/ Need Advice
Buy the 4700 series Massey, if it's the 4707 (70hp) that you won't go for it. You won't be sorry, in my opinion they are the most tractor for the money right now.

I am really leaning to the Massey. I wish I had a local dealer instead of so far away.

/ Need Advice #6  
Have you considered larger? 7060 would be the bare minimum in my mind for 120 acres of hay. An M5 would probably make you happier in the long run.

/ Need Advice
Have you considered larger? 7060 would be the bare minimum in my mind for 120 acres of hay. An M5 would probably make you happier in the long run.
All of the hay fields are flat. We have always used the 2755 and 5410 for the hay. I would love to have something with more HP but have to stay in my budget. We are going to build a home on the land so we will have a retirement home and need to stay within my budget of around $55000.

We only need around 150 rolls a year to keep the cows fat for the winter. We are never in a hurry when we are cutting and bailing.

/ Need Advice #8  
I am really leaning to the Massey. I wish I had a local dealer instead of so far away.
IMO, the 4707 is as good as it gets for that size tractor. I've got one and aside from a problem with the 3pt hitch (dealer is working on it), this tractor is pretty darn sweet. I got the upgraded loader (FL 3615) and don't regret it.

/ Need Advice #9  
You briefly mentioned LS. Things may have changed, but two years ago I considered them to be the best bang for the buck.
At the end of the day though the dealer and your gut instinct will tell you what is best. Do you plan to sell/trade some or all of the JDs? With market conditions the way they are, now could be the best time to do it.

/ Need Advice #10  
LS is a very large South Korean tractor manufacturer. I have been told by the local LS dealer that if I need parts I can get them from New Holland as LS makes their tractors, too. I've heard from another source that LS also makes Case tractors. LS does offer more bang for the buck, possibly because they don't dump as much into advertising as the other guys. Me? I bought a new Kubota. It has nothing to do with the LS quality and everything to do with this particular LS dealer. My wife and I both dislike him.