Need Advice

/ Need Advice
Where is that brand new 4707 located?

I signed the papers for a brand new Massey 4707 a couple months ago and I'm hoping it arrives some time soon. I looked at every brand out there on used lots and then went to a few dealers that I considered better then the others, and Massey really stood out to me. In my area, there are 5 Massey dealers anywhere from half an hour away, to two hours away. The closest is a new dealer that has been selling NH for awhile, but I've heard enough about him to not buy from there. The one I'm buying from is about an hour and a half away. I drive by two other Massey dealers to get to him. Since the tractor hasn't arrived yet, I can't comment on the wisdom of my decision, but so far, I'm not disappointed in anything that has happened so far.

I also have a few other tractors that are getting old and tired. I have plans to do a total rebuild on one of them, but before I can do that, I need the new one to be able to feed round bales and maintain my place.

Once you get your new tractor, hopefully you will have some time to fix up what you already have.
Cabbot AR at Brunos Power Sports. He has 2 of them in stock. Not sure of the price range but he quoted me $58.000. He said they will deliver anywhere in the USA. Kinda of sux as it is much more than what I was quoted for the Kubota M7060.

Took a little time today and made a bunch of calls today to more local Kubota dealers and was told 3 to 4 months. I can live with that as that is the time line I will need the tractor. I am already one month in on waiting at this point.

/ Need Advice
This is similar to what I’m describing. The side closest to you is the JD setup, it has two of the pins for both JD setups, and the SSQA is on the far side.
View attachment 731098
I will look into this option. Thanks for the advice on this as I have located 2 Deere units local to me.

/ Need Advice #23  
That's a big jump in price from Bruno's. They where a little over $51,000 cash or $56,000 financed for 84 months at 0% just a few months ago.

I used their prices to negotiate the price on mine, which was just a little under their prices. Of course, mine doesn't exist, but hopefully it's on it's way.

/ Need Advice #24  
All of the hay fields are flat. We have always used the 2755 and 5410 for the hay. I would love to have something with more HP but have to stay in my budget. We are going to build a home on the land so we will have a retirement home and need to stay within my budget of around $55000.

We only need around 150 rolls a year to keep the cows fat for the winter. We are never in a hurry when we are cutting and bailing.

A few thoughts:

1. A 75 HP new utility tractor is more or less going to replicate what you can do with the 5410 and 2755. My family used to have a 5410 and we made hay with it, with a sickle Haybine, a small square baler, a 4x5 round baler, and a couple of wheel rakes. I have a 5075E and can vouch that a 5075E is a little physically smaller than a 5410 but the capabilities are very similar. If the performance of those is adequate, then you will do OK with a new 75 HP unit.

2. The 520M loader for the 5075E can be had with the JD 500 carrier, the ISO/Global carrier, and the skid loader carrier. The MSRP on the entire skid loader carrier kit is $1360 to buy it from the parts counter, although it's less expensive to specify this as an option when ordering a loader. If they have a unit on the lot with another carrier on the loader, they may quote you some high price to switch it out. If this is the case, you can simply get an adapter like Dodge Man posted (they are close to a grand), or I betcha if it's a JD 500 carrier on the loader on the unit on the lot, you can use your 5410's attachments. The 5410 should have a 520 or 540 loader with this exact same carrier.

3. The 5075E is a solid tractor and can be had in configurations ranging from a very simple 2WD open station unit with a dry clutch synchro transmission to a cabbed MFWD unit with a hydraulic reverser transmission and a bunch of bells and whistles. That is the only one of the tractors in your list that I have actually run. I sat in a Workmaster 75 and it seems to be a pretty decent competitor to a cabbed Deere 5075E. I have run other New Holland tractors and they have been decent machines, but they were either larger or smaller than the ones in your list.

If I were you, I would at the least fix up the other tractors and probably would be using the 5410 for most of that work, and for anything needing more power, you have a 4640. The 20-55 series rowcrop tractors with the 404 and 466 engines with the exception of the early 4520s are often thought of as the best machines Deere ever built. Lots of people around me haying run a 4230/4430/4630 or 4240/4440 for their cutting and baling tractor and there are also a number of 4020s around as well. As far as blue tractors, there are quite a few 2WD TS and TM models in the low 100 HP range, but I have seen exactly one post-emissions New Holland (a T6).

/ Need Advice
Ok guys just a update. I pulled the trigger on a Deere 5075E today. The dealer had 1 in stock. Hope to pick it up later next week as they had to install instructor seat, radio and loader. This tractor was my second choice only because of the skid steer quick attach, as I already have forks and grapple for this set up. I cant move into spring without a tractor as I still have quite a bit of clipping to complete.

Thanks for your input on this. I am happy with my choice.

/ Need Advice #27  
My wife recently inherited 175 acres from her late father. It has about 120 acres of hay fields the rest we clip or is wooded. The land will come with several John Deere tractors that have been neglected over the years. I need a new tractor I can depend on to run without needing work before each use. I have a life long friend that is the manager of my local Kubota dealer so on January 3 I ordered a M7060. He did not give me a time frame on when I should expect delivery. From all I have read it is not looking like I will get it any time soon. I need it in the spring as I have a lot clipping to catch up before it is time to cut hay.

My local Deere dealer has a 5075e in stock. The catch is all of my attachments are for the skid steer quick attach and the Deere system will not work. I ask about swapping the Deere to quick attach and it was going to be more than I am willing to pay. I have several tractor dealers local to me. I want something in the 75 hp range. It seems that I can find every other name brand in my HP range other than Kubota.

Both CNH dealers local to me have the 75A and 75C and 75 Work Master and 75 Power Star units in stock. I see many mixed reviews on the CNH units. I know most people that buy and use tractors do not get online and post reviews so I have mixed feelings.

I have a LS dealer about 60 miles away with 2 units in the HP range but I dont know anything about LS.

I can find Massey 4707 but dealer is around 75 miles away and no local support on these units.

I need something to cut, rake, and move hay. A cab is a must due to the fact my wife is not real happy in late summer in Mississippi when she gets to clip all day.

Any advice on the above tractors?
I have seen Deere to SSQA loader couplers for sale on different implement websites. They weren’t too expensive.

/ Need Advice #28  
The adapter plate I’m talking about isn’t permanently mounted, it just hooks up using the JD quick connect setup. They come off in about 30 seconds. It’s not convenient but not a deal breaker in my opinion. There seems to be a lot of hate on the JD system that I never understood but in your case where you have SSQA stuff already I get it.
The hate on the JD attachment system is that it’s not universal like SSQA, and there are so many attachments available for SSQA. Deere has a proprietary attachment system that pretty much limits you to buying everything green.

/ Need Advice #30  
A lot of implement makers sell the JD quick attach setup for their implements also. I’ve seen a $100 up charge on things like a snow pusher for example.