Need Advise On New Tractor

/ Need Advise On New Tractor #11  
Yes, Kodiak has offer some solid advice. If you want to stay with a smaller tractor that is heavy duty enough to hold up to commercial use you should also consider the Kubota B21.

MarkV

/ Need Advise On New Tractor #12  
I have said it before and I will say it again: It's not the color of the tractor you buy that is important, it's service after the sale. That said, try Cub Cadet!

/ Need Advise On New Tractor #13  
You left out the MOST IMPORTANT fact, how much are you willing to spend.

/ Need Advise On New Tractor
macher - Congradulation on getting the Kubota B2910. It looks like a great machine. It would probably be largest Kubota I would consider.

Thanks for your input. One has to balance off the features you need or might need versus cost. I am not in a rush to make a purchase so will continue to gain from the vast wisdom of the members of this forum. I have learned so much in the short time I have been a member and will continue to do so.

earthmaster1 - Thanks for the link. I will take a look at the Mahindra when I get a chance. Don't know anything about them. Two of the major I lean toward Kubota is their reputation and the fact that I have Kobota dealers close to both of my homes.

Kodiak - You made a lot of good points and have given me much food for thought. I am in the information gathering stage and welcome all great input such as yours.

Seth0 - Right now I am trying to figure what my real needs are and what is the best piece of equipment to meet those needs. Money is not a major factor. I will spend whatever it takes to get what I really think fits my needs. However, I don't want to spend money for attibutes I don't need.

/ Need Advise On New Tractor #18  
Hi oldud, it wasn't on your list, but I am really happy with my L35TLB. I have done quite a bit of excavation with Little Lulu and will be doing several small wildlife ponds over the next few years. It has worked well for rototilling and blade work also. I don't try to mow yard with her, my wife does that with a small rider. I do use her for brushhoggin and get a decent cut. It handles well in the yard and doesn't tear stuff up when I have been doing our landscaping. If your interested in more info let me know.
Tom

/ Need Advise On New Tractor #19  
The advice above for the L35 is good as they are strong units. I also concur with MarkV on the B21.

During my tractor hunt I checked out the L2500/3000 series as well the L3010 w/BH before choosing the B21TLB. Why? The lift capacity is 926 vs 1050 lbs, the BH has higher ratings than the L3010 subframe BH(which lowers grd clearance), and the integrated package is meant for tough use over rocks, stumps and in tight quarters.

In addition the changeover time for the BH to other implements is easy and no subframe to deal with. The con's are no MM mower and no removable loader.

You will find too that the lift over height will be an issue for most units. The B21 is 88", the L3010 is 98" and the L35TLB is 105" max height. This means that the B21 can't load commercial trucks (10-16 yd size) effectively which typically have a 7-8' liftover height.

On the other hand you will need to tow this combination to a job site, and a 16'+ trailer with brakes, for the L3010 w/ BH or the B21TLB. While a 3/4 ton unit would work well, the best solution is probably a 350/3500 series dump truck. For the larger L35 units the larger is probably the best.

So personally, I favor the smaller TLB's for rugged construction, ingress/egress to tight quarters (the subframe BH add length) as well ease of removal and reattachment of implements.

Enjoy the hunt, and keep us posted on your continued quest for the right tractor!!

Carl

/ Need Advise On New Tractor #20  
I also have to concur with Carl_NH and MarkV. The industrial models such as the Kubota B21 and L35 are extremely rugged, yet versatile enough to do the do the homeowner chores. However its the initial investment cost that are prohibitive for most homeowners. Even with my part time tractor business. Thats turned out a lot more lucrative and time consuming than I ever imagined. I couldn't justify the initial cost of those units.