Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #11  
I'd buy a cheap truck first. I bought a Chevy 1500 4x4 for $1500. I'd buy a used tractor next. If you search for the right deal you should be able to get both for your budget.

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #12  
X2
A truck is a must IMHO.

X3. You can probably get a decent used truck and a Sub Compact around 30. Keep in mind implements add up quick lol.

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #13  
You may need one set of equipment for getting it into shape, and a different set for maintaining it from then on. Combine where you can. Rent if you have very different short term needs.

Bruce

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #14  
I'd budget about $5,000 for a decent beater truck , and about $15,000 for a used tractor with a FEL. This leaves room for a nice implement fund and more spending room if needed.

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #15  
I don't see how you're gonna get both with that budget unless you plan to finance.

I will add a caveat to that- If you have mechanical abilities that is...

You can buy a fair amount of good used equipment for that budget. If set on all new equipment -it gets expensive quick

If you are not mechanically inclined, then very, Very careful shopping will be needed buying used equipment and a 4x truck that (possibly) will fit the budget and hopefully not need repairs.

Last edited:
   / Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #16  
Here are some eBay TRACTOR listings near Cary, North Carolina: Industrial Tractor | eBay

There is more used equipment available in the Fall/Winter than in Spring/Summer.

Last edited:
   / Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #17  
   / Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #18  
For the budget several on that ebay listing are 6-7K and that would work - here's a BX24 that is very nice for $15K leaving 10-15K for a truck which is what others suggest - get both used and the budget will work.

ku-bx24/loader/backhoe

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase
Thank you for the feedback everyone! I have a lot to think about. I'm going back to Kubota and JD to test drive a few tractors this week, and also scout some used trucks and on eBay

/ Need equipment suggestions for new property purchase #20  
Thank you for the feedback everyone! I have a lot to think about. I'm going back to Kubota and JD to test drive a few tractors this week, and also scout some used trucks and on eBay

You might want to try shopping some other brands if you're on a budget. JD tends to be expensive and you pay a lot for their label and Kubota isn't that far behind.