Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install.

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install. #11  
how about a pic of your injector lines. is there a lift pump or electric pump that supplies the injector pump? make sure you have fuel to the suction side of the injector pump. you bleed by loosening the injector lines at the injector, not the return lines. as long as its timed right, has compression, air and fuel, no reason for it not to run. anything plugging the air intake?

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install. #12  
I'm also leaning toward bleeding, and it takes go good method to bleed and get all the air out. Each machine is different, and rotating the pump until fuel comes out of the pump can get it close, but may not be close enough, timing is critical. The diesel is difficult to find exact TDC on number one without some kind of reference. It will run off gas fumes because compression is good. Post some pics of what you have.

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install. #13  
Not a tractor BUT a 1988 7.3 Ford Powerstroke IDI. I replaced the fuel filter and some glow plugs and lost the fuel in the lines.

It took me what seemed like about a week of half hearted effort to get it restarted. I'd crack some lines and pump in 10 to 15 second spurts with a minute or so rest in between, Wear the battery down and recharge. I didn't have a charger that would turn the engine over. It was gonna cost like $300 for a tow and associated costs. But it worked

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install.
The reason I'm leaning towards another problem other than bleeding is that it ran and then simply wouldn't start. I then replaced the injection pump, and now it still won't run. So I don't know if I fixed the first problem or if I am still having the same problem. We're getting 1in of rain today and I have to work outside, so I'm not sure I can get out to bleed it today, but I sure want to, so we'll see what happens. I will also get some pictures for everyone, but if I'm honest I have been bleeding it wrong sense installing the injection pump so it may very well be just that.
I do however need to know how to time it correctly once I do get it started. I'm a bit concerned about running it very hard until I know it's timed right, not that it matters right now not running at all. When I do get it started it has no power, and will die after a couple of minutes, which is why I also thought something else was going on. In all of my other diesels, once you got it running it would force all of the air out of the system, so I assumed it would do the same with this mechanical injection system.
Thanks for the help everyone, I'm looking forward to having my tractor up and running again so I can get some work done here on the farm without breaking my back.

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install. #15  
Doesn't your inj. pump have a "hand primer" on the side of it??
Loosen the line that goes into the inj. pump.. pump the HP till u get fuel & tighten the line back up..
Loosen the LINES AT THE INJECTORS.. {the big steel lines that come from the pump}
NOW crank the engine until u get fuel squirting out of the lines at the injectors.. & tighten..
it should start..
You have the throttle WIDE OPEN, Yes??
The fuel IS turned on at the tank, Yes??
Its awful hard to mess-up the timing if the drive shaft is KEYED.. UNLESS you took the gear out.. OR moved the gear??

ThePumpGuySC,
I have done all those things you mentioned, but the gear did come off when the pump was installed, and that's the issue I'm having. It's been raining like crazy here, and I have to work outside so once it stops in the next few days I will be getting back out and working on it. If anyone has any tips on getting the initial timing set up so I can get it close enough to run, and then adjust it correctly that would be great.

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install. #17  
AAHHH, the plot thickens..
Is there any info on the valve cover or in your BOOK that tells the INJ. P. Timing.?? TDC, 15*, 25*.??
What u HAVE TO DO NOW is.. Find TDC on # 1 cyl.. U do that by either looking to see if there are any markings on your flywheel, a pointer on the front harmonic balancer..
IF none are found, you'll have to take off the valve cover & rotate the engine around until BOTH valves are closed..on #1 cyl.
THATS compression stroke #1 cyl..
U might get lucky & the PUMP gear is "marked" somehow.. a dot, a #.. a set of #'s..
A lot of manuf. use a SET of #'s side by side in the engine & 1 # on the pump drive gear.. so when the "set" comes up, all u have to do is put the "single#" between them..
Not to be rude but... seeing u didn't even know how to bleed the air.. chances are slim your gonna be able to do this..
Its prob. time to call in a pro. mechanic.??

/ Need help getting tractor to run after new injection pump install. #18  
Timing.jpg

AAHHH, the plot thickens..
Is there any info on the valve cover or in your BOOK that tells the INJ. P. Timing.?? TDC, 15*, 25*.??
What u HAVE TO DO NOW is.. Find TDC on # 1 cyl.. U do that by either looking to see if there are any markings on your flywheel, a pointer on the front harmonic balancer..
IF none are found, you'll have to take off the valve cover & rotate the engine around until BOTH valves are closed..on #1 cyl.
THATS compression stroke #1 cyl..
U might get lucky & the PUMP gear is "marked" somehow.. a dot, a #.. a set of #'s..
A lot of manuf. use a SET of #'s side by side in the engine & 1 # on the pump drive gear.. so when the "set" comes up, all u have to do is put the "single#" between them..
Not to be rude but... seeing u didn't even know how to bleed the air.. chances are slim your gonna be able to do this..
Its prob. time to call in a pro. mechanic.??

The plot hasn't thickened, as I already explained all of that stuff in the first couple of posts, as well as explaining that I already found those marks you talked about and moved the engine to TDC. You're not being rude at all my friend, you don't know me at all so I would assume what you did as well, that I know nothing about this type of thing. I do know how to bleed the system, but I have a couple of medical issues that make my brain rather foggy at times so I do overlook things that used to be very simple to me. The camshaft and the crank both have markings on the gears that are double zero's and then the injection pump has a single line that goes in between those two zero's at TDC. I'm pretty positive that I have that much correct. I simply haven't been able to get outside to work on it due to large amounts of rain over the past week. I will get back out hopefully tomorrow, and I will report back in with what I'm hoping is good news of a running tractor. I appreciate you and everyone else taking the time to try and help with this issue, that if I'm honest should have been a very easy fix. The injection pump itself took me less than an hour to remove and install, it's everything else that messed me up.