Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCompact

/ Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCompact #41  
Re: Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCom

Hi TurboSonic

I didn't price out the exact configuration you are looking at, but I thought the price that was given me might be useful.

I have priced out a B7500 in Alberta, Canada, so these prices are all Cdn.

The B7500 base price was $14,400. Adding the loader and a rear blade, ( I can't fine the exact price of the loader, but if I remember correctly, it was about $4000, the rear blade was $800), the total package price was just under $20K, not including GST.

I think I can do better when I actually come to the dealership with cash in hand.

Hope this info is useful.

Garick

/ Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCompact #42  

In Virginia, my friend just bought a B7500 w/ 302 Loader for 12,200. That price is really high. I would work for something better.

/ Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCompact

Hello Garick,

Yep you did get better price than I did! Here's what I got on my first visit:
(These are Canadian prices)
B7500HST 16500$
60" MMMower 3600$
51" 3PH Blower 1700$
45" 3PH Tiller 2000$
Loader 4800$
Freight & Setup 1000$
Total: 29600$

Then I got a 3860$ discount whitout barganning (sp?) just by saying that i would not do any exchange and financing which brings the package to 25740$ GST not included. Now I'm hoping that on my next visit I will be able to get better prices. This dealer seems to be very open compared to other dealers I went to.

Thanks for the info!
Sylvain

/ Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCompact

Hello Grimreaper,

Thanks for the insight. Although I did look at the different model's specs, I didn't really interpret (sp?) them that way... I'll go back now and keep in mind what you said in your post when looking at those specs for the Nth times!
It is really mind boggling (sp?) when you look at too many models at the same time! I think I have finally narrowed it down to 2 (maybe 3) models so it should be a little bit easier.

Thank again!
Sylvain

/ Need help: Should I go for a Compact or SubCompact #45  
Turbosonic,

First of all Welcome!

I two have 2 acres of land. I have a JD 4210 and sometimes feel it may be to small for all that I am doing. Lots of hills on my land to mow, garden to plant, snow to push, etc.,etc.,etc.

So, the bigger the better.

You mentioned leg room. I found the foot control on the HYDRA orange models were set back to far for my long legs. Otherwise would have probably owned one.