Buying Advice Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #11  
It might not be warrantied in the US either. A call to Deere, EPA, US Customs, etc might be in order.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #12  
DON’T DO IT!!

My NH4835 at work ended up being a rebadged machine from Fiat (Italy) that developed a transmission problem. The selling dealer was useless in resolving the lack of internal parts availability but was more than willing to sell a new machine with a trade in value that was less than a scrap price.
Just so happens there’s an Italian guy on the property who is returning to Italy for business and he obtains the needed parts with one phone call. Bringing back main shafts thru Customs was an interesting conversation I was told.
Anyway the dealer put their top mechanic on it and repaired it.

Guess I was made famous because whenever I went back they remembered the guy who knows a guy who...

It’s a lot of extra work and we were in the process of selling the place, not investing more into it.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #13  
From what I can tell, Indian emissions regs are based on the European emissions regs and a 75 HP off-road diesel engine would have needed to be EU Stage V compliant in 2020 (India calls it "TREM V.") EU Stage V is similar to U.S. EPA Tier 4 but whether or not it is "close enough" is really a lawyer question.

One other thing I do know is that merely looking at the engine model number is not sufficient to tell the emissions standard. The EU Stage III/TREM III (roughly U.S. EPA Tier 2) 3029 engines offered in India after the U.S. Final Tier 4 switch had the same 3029H designation as the U.S. Final Tier 4 engines. Deere even went so far as to replace the Stanadyne rotary injection pump they'd used forever on Tier 2 and earlier U.S. 3029D/3029T engines with an inline mechanical unit similar in outward appearance to the common-rail high pressure pump used on the U.S. 3029Hs, but the Indian 3029Hs did not have the ECU or DPF.

Personally, I'd just get a U.S. 5075E and avoid the potential headache as it is basically the same tractor anyway.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #14  
Would a 5075E cab tractor even fit inside a shipping container? Imported tractors are typically shipped broken down and are assembled state side.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #16  
Would a 5075E cab tractor even fit inside a shipping container? Imported tractors are typically shipped broken down and are assembled state side.
A high cube is going to be about 105 3/4 inside height.

I would think John Deere can tell him whether that engine is compliant. If anybody would know, it would be them.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #17  

They might with the small transport wheels, I see them on Kubota cab tractors coming in, tiny rims and tires that lower the tractor so it's almost dragging on the ground.

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #18  
IMHO I would not want to take the chance that you are told it meets
the U.S. spec's then get stuck in customs that its not and then you
really will have a very bad case of hemorrhoids something that you
can do very nicely without! :unsure:

willy

/ Need help with importing a JD 5075E from India to USA. #20  
Emissions regs in India are not 100% aligned with EPA regs. The engine needs the EPA compliance plate to be legal.

If you ship it to the states, it’ll be seized by customs. It can’t be legally imported.
Is this tractor built in India?
If so, I bet they could get one.