Need help with RTV900 purchase!

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase! #1  

xterra

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2380
Well for the last year I've been looking at all the UTV's. Kinda focused on the Polaris Ranger but there just to much money. So I went to check out the new RVT 500 at the local kubota dealer. What a nice little machine. I really liked it. So I priced the 500 and all the other RTV's.
The 500 $8600 OTD. Then he says I've got a used 2006 900 camo for $6800. The 900 is in great shape. He said his buddy owned it an he ran a deer farm. Here's the kicker the 900 has 2000 hrs on it but it looks and runs great! Alot of my co workers have bought stuff there and said hes trust worthy. So is 2000 hrs on a machine too many hrs? He said his buddy always let it idle instead of shutting it off. Any opinions?

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase! #2  
Well for the last year I've been looking at all the UTV's. Kinda focused on the Polaris Ranger but there just to much money. So I went to check out the new RVT 500 at the local kubota dealer. What a nice little machine. I really liked it. So I priced the 500 and all the other RTV's.
The 500 $8600 OTD. Then he says I've got a used 2006 900 camo for $6800. The 900 is in great shape. He said his buddy owned it an he ran a deer farm. Here's the kicker the 900 has 2000 hrs on it but it looks and runs great! Alot of my co workers have bought stuff there and said hes trust worthy. So is 2000 hrs on a machine too many hrs? He said his buddy always let it idle instead of shutting it off. Any opinions?

I would consider a RTV900 with that many hours but only for about half that price. Maybe things are really different in your area, but an '06 RTV900 with 2000 hours on it is a $3000 to $3500 max machine.

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase! #3  

Here's a post from a couple of years back about an RTV that I saw at a dealer in Bardstown, Ky. but it wasn't for sale.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/milkman.html
Veteran Member

icon1.gif
Re: KUBOTA RTV 5675 HOURS - how many on yours?
I was in Bardstown Ky. today, saw an RTV with 6042 hrs. in the shop. The company had the tires foam filled long ago to eliminate flats, they run this machine 24hrs. all three shifts. They were replacing the U-joints in the rear axles and the only other mechanical failure it has had was a broken shifter fork.

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase! #4  

I also think you could do better on the 900 price wise. Lots of things can happen in 2000 hrs. That's equivilant to around 70K on a truck. (At least that's what my GMC tells me) For a couple thousand over the cost of the 500 you could almost get the 900 new.

The difference depends on what you want to use it for. Obviously the 900 will have more capacity and power, but it is also pretty big. I wanted something that wouldn't chew up an entire garage bay. Also, I want something I could maneuver easily while plowing the 9 or so driveways in the neighborhood. Works very well for that.

I have the 500 and I like it for the size. Could use some more high range power, but other than that I'm happy. Use it mostly for snowplowing, yardwork and riding around the fields with my daughter.

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase!
Man my internet connection went down. Thanks for the info guys. I'm not sure what i'm going to do.

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase! #6  
We've actually sold about 5-6 used RTV's with those same hours, for about the same price. Most people would want to see more of a discout, however given that used RTV's are not exactly common they seem to bring a real premium used.

Well I bought it. The thing is like a little tank. Paid 6700 otd. It's really in great shape. I'm starting to feel better about it. Now to start pricing snow plows for winter! Any advise on plows?? I was quoted $1600.00 for plow hydrualics, installed.

/ Need help with RTV900 purchase! #8  
Well I bought it. The thing is like a little tank. Paid 6700 otd. It's really in great shape. I'm starting to feel better about it. Now to start pricing snow plows for winter! Any advise on plows?? I was quoted $1600.00 for plow hydrualics, installed.

Seems about right. That's what mine cost. Not cheap, but wait until you see how that thing plows snow. Makes it woth the money.

You'll probably be putting a windshield on it after your first season...Man does it get cold on these things. On a quad, you fighting with it the whole time, and don't realize how cold it is on this you just relax. Like driving a car with no windshield.

Attachments

• 1212008 005.jpg
    1212008 005.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC00646.jpg
    DSC00646.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00647.jpg
    DSC00647.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 175
   / Need help with RTV900 purchase! #9  
Congratulations on your new to you RTV, we can't say enough good things about ours. We use ours regularly and it has been used to haul gravel, dirt, rocks, and many other things around the property. The wife and kid enjoy driving it as well, the windshield is a "must". A little pricey but sure makes the drive in cold weather much more enjoyable. Enjoy you RTV and let's see some pictures.

Thanks. My son really enjoys riding in it. It's all he wants to do! Lots of useful info on this board. Here are some pic's.

P6260019.jpg

P6260018.jpg