Need Help with Security Cameras

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #21  
Nice setup! Prepare to get a lot of calls in the middle of the night!

Critters will be keeping you hopping I can just see! We put a security light in at the house and smart me wired it into a transformer to power a buzzer in my bedroom and I don't think I slept for the first few nights and I unplugged the transformer heck with it. :D

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #22  
I have a prowler at my shop. I'm stoopid because I have a lot of stuff laying out. Sanford & Sons comes to mind...

This person/s has -with the exception of one plastic case- just opened doors on trucks, etc.. I bought a Primos Truth Can 35 which is mostly used on game trails for recording deer, etc. I got it on Amazon (free shipping) for about $70.

I just mounted it on a tree limb last night, so it's a little early to tell, but I wanted something without a flash and that blends in with the tree it is hanging off. At a firehouse, you could probably mount another cam in a second floor window, etc.

This is probably one of the best outdoor cams in the country. Every time it is cold and nasty here, I give it a click. (make sure you click on one image - then click again when it opens .. amazing detail)

Jupiter Inlet District

Jim

/ Need Help with Security Cameras
Nice setup! Prepare to get a lot of calls in the middle of the night!

Critters will be keeping you hopping I can just see! We put a security light in at the house and smart me wired it into a transformer to power a buzzer in my bedroom and I don't think I slept for the first few nights and I unplugged the transformer heck with it. :D

Hopefully I won't have that problem. I can see how it would be a problem though.

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #24  
Firefighter I'd say you have a critter problem if they are stealing American flags. Sounds like juveniles that live in the vicinity.

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #25  
I may have messed up, but I ordered this system "PRO SERIES" 2 Camera Complete Outdoor/Indoor Color Sony Super HAD CCD 480 Lines Infrared Bullet Security Camera System with H.264 DVR, HDMI High Definition, Internet (IE, MAC) and Cell Phone Remote Viewing (Blackberry, iPhone, Droid, 3G, Windows CE, . From the front of our building to the road is only about 75 feet. We have this sign Holly Springs Volunteer Fire Department on top of the building (it has 8 10' T8 bulbs in it) that lights the parking lot.

We are going to put the other camera on the back of the building pointing toward a walk in door. There is a security light beside the door, so that area is lit up pretty well too.

The system I bought can be set to notify my cell phone if there is motion in front of the camera.

We also can add 2 more cameras (it's a 4 channel dvr) later. If we need better quality cameras I can buy them then.

I'm about to order another 6x10 flag and we'll put that up after the camera system is installed. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help and recommendations!!!

Chris

I say good on ya Chris. As you say, if the cameras don't give you what you need, you can always upgrade them and move the others to an inside location such as the vehicle bay where they will have less area to cover.

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #26  
logitech is the one to have,i love the ones i have.

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #28  
I may have messed up, but I ordered this system "PRO SERIES" 2 Camera Complete Outdoor/Indoor Color Sony Super HAD CCD 480 Lines Infrared Bullet Security Camera System with H.264 DVR, HDMI High Definition, Internet (IE, MAC) and Cell Phone Remote Viewing (Blackberry, iPhone, Droid, 3G, Windows CE, . From the front of our building to the road is only about 75 feet. We have this sign Holly Springs Volunteer Fire Department on top of the building (it has 8 10' T8 bulbs in it) that lights the parking lot.

We are going to put the other camera on the back of the building pointing toward a walk in door. There is a security light beside the door, so that area is lit up pretty well too.

The system I bought can be set to notify my cell phone if there is motion in front of the camera.

We also can add 2 more cameras (it's a 4 channel dvr) later. If we need better quality cameras I can buy them then.

I'm about to order another 6x10 flag and we'll put that up after the camera system is installed. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the help and recommendations!!!

Chris

Keep us posted on how this one works out. I read the website and it looks like a good one...

/ Need Help with Security Cameras
I will keep everyone posted. They are scheduled to be here on the 14th.

chris

/ Need Help with Security Cameras #30  
I ordered a DVR from CCTV SecurityPros.com Wednesday. They said it would go out that day. Got a call from them Thursday, turned out they were out of stock, new units are "held up at customs". They think they can get it out Monday. I brought other stuff in 2nd day shipping for the project...:mad:.

I'll post if it gets in on time and I hope you get yours on the 14th :).

Pete