need opinions quick on Ford 8000

/ need opinions quick on Ford 8000
By the way.. how do you like that tc18? When I went to my dealer and got my 1920, I had originally driven up to get a tc18, but instead fell in love with the used 1920 they had...

But I always wondered what the tc18 would have been like..

Soundguy

/ need opinions quick on Ford 8000 #32  
I like it. At times I wish it was a bit bigger - like when we got 8 inches of the wettest snow i've seen (that wasn't rain). I was trying to plow it, and if I angled the blade, it kept sliding the tractor sideways. I had to "shovel" it with the FEL. Hopefully my new tirechains will make it a little better.

Overall it has served well for "estate care". (never really thougth of my yard as an "estate"). I think it is small for "hobby farming".

/ need opinions quick on Ford 8000
I just went by my local new holland dealer to find out about parts availability on the ford 8000, nad it was average with the exception of the transmission.. which was bleak...

Anyone know if there are aftermarket channels for these parts in the event of a tranny problem?

I am continually amazed that you can buy a great deal of parts for an -N- off the shelf.. and they go back to 1939.. yet a tractor series from 65-86 already has obsolete parts that are no longer carried.....

Soundguy