need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment
didnt know that.

Thanks.

So everything in the link plus a mid PTO to front bracket driveshaft and i should be in business!

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #22  
didnt know that.

Thanks.

So everything in the link plus a mid PTO to front bracket driveshaft and i should be in business!

You can see now how piece it together can add up in hurry! For some reason, the sum of the parts is always greater than the whole. I hope you got a fantastic deal on the blower since all the added on pieces-parts can get rediculous in a hurry.

I bought the bracket on Ebay should have it next week sometime. Ill let you know what i spent to get it all running once i have everything.

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #24  
I bought the bracket on Ebay should have it next week sometime. Ill let you know what i spent to get it all running once i have everything.

I noticed it was sold... figured it was you that snapped it up. Did you decide what you're going to do about the PTO shaft?

Funny you ask, can you tell me which one I need? JD lists 3 types of mid PTO shafts, my main question is do I need locking collars on both sides or just at the mid PTO?

Also I may get a "custom" shaft made can you tell me the length/free play (my terminology is poor, b.c. its 2 piece shaft i am assuming it should have some free play to adjust length over bumps, position of the blower) an any other shaft info i need?

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #26  
Funny you ask, can you tell me which one I need? JD lists 3 types of mid PTO shafts, my main question is do I need locking collars on both sides or just at the mid PTO?

Also I may get a "custom" shaft made can you tell me the length/free play (my terminology is poor, b.c. its 2 piece shaft i am assuming it should have some free play to adjust length over bumps, position of the blower) an any other shaft info i need?

This one: the shaft

Part number AM102812. Yes, "locking collars" at both ends.

Specification
Weight 16.71 LBS 7.58 Kg
Yoke Codes 0505
Size 23.8252000
Size 0.938 IN
Compressed Length 41.310 IN
Extended Length 55.880 IN
Length 2.810 IN
Length 2.810 IN
Series UTT06
Number of Splines 1515

You'll need some "free play" in the shaft length in order to install the shaft, but once installed the length of the shaft does not change since both ends are fixed. Bumps, whatever have no effect since neither end of the of the shaft moves.

Last edited:
   / need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #27  
A couple of years ago, I made my own MFWD driveshaft (it uses 1"-15 spline plain yokes... no locking collars). I was able to source the fixed yokes to weld onto the ends of the shaft and u-joints to fit, but after an extensive search was not able to locate 1"-15 spline yokes. And that was just plain yokes. I had to get those from Deere. You may find it difficult to find the yokes with locking collars.

Bulk PTO shafting material is available here at the local farm supply stores. If you can source the u-joints, fixed yokes and the shafting, you could build the majority of the shaft, but may have to go to Deere for the locking, splined yokes.

Thanks, im found the quick disconnects online they might not be 100% correct but ill show the style to a driveline shop in town tomorrow.

So I will need a 1" 15 spline quick disconnect tractor yoke, u joint, driveshaft yoke with Compressed Length of 41.310 IN and extended Length 55.880 IN driveshaft yoke, u joint and a 1" 15 spline quick disconnect tractor yoke that will fit into the quick hitch for the snowblower.

/ need parts gurus fast help JD blower fitment #29  
Thanks, im found the quick disconnects online they might not be 100% correct but ill show the style to a driveline shop in town tomorrow.

So I will need a 1" 15 spline quick disconnect tractor yoke, u joint, driveshaft yoke with Compressed Length of 41.310 IN and extended Length 55.880 IN driveshaft yoke, u joint and a 1" 15 spline quick disconnect tractor yoke that will fit into the quick hitch for the snowblower.

That pretty much sums it up. Could you post up where you found those? I'd like to look at them in case they can help me out with a future project/idea. THanks