Need Remote(s), Have Questions

/ Need Remote(s), Have Questions
OK, not that I actually know what I'm talking about, but would the "float" of the 3pt do the job in this case? I could see the float for a top link in the case of a brush hog, as it is much longer than the rake, and needs the front keep at a constant height, hence the slot on the top link connection of the brush hog. But in the case of the rake, the wheels are only about 1' behind the drum, so the float wouldn't contribute much, except for very minor changes in terrain, which the goal is to smooth out anyway, right?
As always, correct me where I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Chris

/ Need Remote(s), Have Questions #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Called the local dealer today. 640.00 for the kit.)</font>

That must be for just the first remote.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now, Mad, on the check valves, I must have missed something on that. How does a check valve work if it is on the cylinder? My understanding is that a check valve allows fluid flow one way. If this is the cae, how does the fluid get back out of the cylinder when you want it to? I thought this was why, if you did not have weight to contract the cylinder, you had a bi-directional cylinder (or whatever the proper name is) than was forced to contract. The control valve not leaking would be the effective check-valve.)</font>

Here is an explanation on how the double pilot operated check valves work. This came from previous posts by CCI (Mark from CCM) and Jim McCuan formerly of Integration Engineering.

<font color="red">A check valve allows hydraulic flow only in one direction. A pilot operated check valve allows flow in both directions once a preset pressure has been reached. The only way fluid can exhaust from a cylinder that has the double pilot operated check valves is for hydraulic pressure to be applied to the opposite port. The pilot operated check valves are used to stop cylinder movement due to hydraulic bleed by. This is the valve you want to keep top link and tilt link cylinders from moving during operation. </font>

I hope that answers your question.

/ Need Remote(s), Have Questions #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( OK, not that I actually know what I'm talking about, but would the "float" of the 3pt do the job in this case? I could see the float for a top link in the case of a brush hog, as it is much longer than the rake, and needs the front keep at a constant height, hence the slot on the top link connection of the brush hog. But in the case of the rake, the wheels are only about 1' behind the drum, so the float wouldn't contribute much, except for very minor changes in terrain, which the goal is to smooth out anyway, right?)</font>

I believe that you are correct. There are plenty, in fact probably 99.99%, of all users of Harley rakes that do not have HTL's with float and it operates more or less as you described.

There are, however, several bat wing mowers and other large ag implements that need a remote with float. A post talking about them occurred last summer. I just can't find it now.

/ Need Remote(s), Have Questions
Yes, I was wondering how that would work. Thanks.

Chris