Buying Advice Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP #21  
About 2.5 miles off of 40, smack dab between Winston and Greensboro.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome... I'm about an hour and a half north of the Piedmont Triad airport. Check out Clark's in Greensboro, I bought my MX from him. Really great people.

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP #22  
So we just got the deed signed and the place is ours now. 33 acres in NC. Nice mix of rolling pasture and woods. Farm came with an AC 5040, 2wd and loader.

Taking the Gator around all the property, is a bit intimidating. We bought from a fella that is in his 90's now. It's apparent that despite his best efforts (which he did a darn fine job of by the way!) there are several past years worth of clean up needed. There are also some fairly steep hills and a couple of seriously wet spots by the creek.

Tasks I need to handle:
  • Maintain a nearly mile long gravel driveway/road
  • Mowing about 20 acres
  • Downed trees and brush clearing
  • Round bale handling
  • General mini-farm work
  • Fencing repairs

I'm thinking in the territory of an M5040 through an M7060. I'll only be considering a MFWD with a loader and I'd really like a cab. I've used a newer L6060 and I just don't feel like there's enough tractor there to do the things I want it to do. Am I crazy? The L series just seem like they're too little and light. Than again, I have no first experience with running an M model tractor.

Thinking that a EA Wicked Grapple and a hefty box blade will be purchased from the get go for whatever tractor I wind up with.

Thoughts?

Didn't read any of the earlier posts but I've been around.

Get the M7060. The L6060 is not heavy enough to handle round bales on a routine basis.

Get a cab model ONLY if you do not plan to drive it around trees.

SDT

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP
Sounds like a K'ville lurker! :D

Nailed it. But this farm is nestled and tucked away in a place you'd probably not ever really imagine or find without directions.

Welcome... I'm about an hour and a half north of the Piedmont Triad airport. Check out Clark's in Greensboro, I bought my MX from him. Really great people.

Hi neighbor!

Didn't read any of the earlier posts but I've been around.

Get the M7060. The L6060 is not heavy enough to handle round bales on a routine basis.

Get a cab model ONLY if you do not plan to drive it around trees.

SDT

Thanks for the advice!

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP #24  
How many round bales are we moving around and how often. I moved a few with an L5460 and a few with a M7060. If I was doing it more than once a day I would go with the M7060. I am trying to get my father into a M7060 size machine for his 100 acres of hay and beef cattle. Looked at Green and Orange thus far. Orange AC was much better in TX heat.

This never is an easy decision. The M series utility is much bigger than the L60. If you need maneuvering there is a big difference in my opinion. Get out and demo them. Lift a few bales. Turn some circles. They will speak to you.

Oh and the M7060 is cheaper than the L6060 when I priced them a few montha ago.

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP #25  
Take a look at the other orange tractor - Kioti. I bought a RX7320 cab model (73HP) last year and am very happy with it. I looked at the 7060 but the Kioti was a little bit bigger, tires are larger, loader and 3 point lift about 20% more, and the AC will freeze you out even in the central Texas heat. Nicest thing about it was it came in about 20% less expensive than the Kubota which let me buy enough implements to get started.

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP #26  
Take a look at the other orange tractor - Kioti. I bought a RX7320 cab model (73HP) last year and am very happy with it. I looked at the 7060 but the Kioti was a little bit bigger, tires are larger, loader and 3 point lift about 20% more, and the AC will freeze you out even in the central Texas heat. Nicest thing about it was it came in about 20% less expensive than the Kubota which let me buy enough implements to get started.
Absolutely, provided OP has a dealer in the area that doesnt also sell cars or boats. That was my challenge with Kioti. Hopefully it improves as time passes!

/ Need some opinions and perhaps guidance on a new tractor decision. 50+ HP #27  
Dont rule out a M6060. It's a middle ground between L6060 and M7060. Another to consider is a Massey Ferguson 4707. Great Machine...much bigger and nicer cab, much heavier machine. Lots of great choices out there Screenshot_20181015-220116_Chrome.jpeg20181024_163604.jpeg