Buying Advice Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #71  
Obviously the one that gets traction. In the above figure there was no tug a war, just draw bar pull numbers. On the Kioti the loader seems fine. Is there a separate relief valve in the transmission?

Yes hydrostatic transmission's normally have their own relief valve. At least the ones I've dealt with.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #72  
Yes hydrostatic transmission's normally have their own relief valve. At least the ones I've dealt with.
I started another thread on this issue a while back. Pretty much the only answer I got was either take it back to the deliver or change the hydraulic fluid and filter. The tractor is now out of warranty and isn't even my tractor so of course I didn't take it back to the dealer. How should I go about checking the HST relief valve setting?

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #73  
Generally speaking a gear tractor when put up against an in movable force Will spin it's tires until it slips clutch (hopefully) or more often bogs buries or breaks. A hydrostatic transmission has A relief valve that kicks out before Max power to prevent such bogging burying or breaking. This Point of relief is usually determined by the engineers when designing the machine and adds a degree of safety to prevent machine damage. One is not right or wrong they are just different. Some like gear some like Hydro each one has their advantages. Again many of the brands of tractors use the same hydrostatic transmission's They just set the pressures at manufacture to accommodate what fits their needs.
Let's get back to helping the OP make his decision between these awesome tractors.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #74  
I started another thread on this issue a while back. Pretty much the only answer I got was either take it back to the deliver or change the hydraulic fluid and filter. The tractor is now out of warranty and isn't even my tractor so of course I didn't take it back to the dealer. How should I go about checking the HST relief valve setting?
If you PM me with the make year and model you're speaking of I can try to help you.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601
Well, I opted for and bought the BX25D today.

Reasons against the other manuf / models:

Kubota B2601: With the BH subframe attached, you cannot adjust the vertical position of the MMM. In my case being 90% mowing, that was a deal breaker.

Kioti CK2510: Mowing deck won't be released until 1st quarter 2016. I could wait for that but ultimately, it has the same subframe problem as the Kubota B2601.

Kioti CS2410: Just didn't like the ride of it. It's kinda rough at low RPMs.

Thanks to everyone for guidance and food for thought.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #76  
Well, I opted for and bought the BX25D today.

Reasons against the other manuf / models:

Kubota B2601: With the BH subframe attached, you cannot adjust the vertical position of the MMM. In my case being 90% mowing, that was a deal breaker.

Kioti CK2510: Mowing deck won't be released until 1st quarter 2016. I could wait for that but ultimately, it has the same subframe problem as the Kubota B2601.

Kioti CS2410: Just didn't like the ride of it. It's kinda rough at low RPMs.

Thanks to everyone for guidance and food for thought.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #77  
Nice. Glad you found one that fits your needs.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #78  
I grew up on a Farmall 150 and Cub. Fast Hitch is all I've ever known but the family Farmall tractors are wore out and frankly, we don't plow and plant big fields anymore.

Two groups of equipment I'm considering:
Group 1: Kioti CS2410 vs Kubota BK25D
Group 2: Kioti CK2510 vs Kubota B2601.
All four are contenders and within my price range.

Needs:
Mowing around my home 90% of the time. About 1ac.
Bushhog a 1ac field about 3 times a year.
Loader for a variety of landscaping projects this spring.
Auger for a 120ft privacy fence with 4x4 posting within the month.
Roto Tiller for a small garden patch.
No snow issues here in central NC.

Wants:
Backhoe because it looks fun. I'm sure I'll find a use for it - haha.

Mechanical inclination:
Inclined but don't care to do it. I don't even change the oil in my truck as I prefer to the local car mechanic to mess with it. Not that I can't but I just don't care to mess with it. So, with the tractor, I would probably let the dealer do the service on it. I do take care of my stuff, e.g. service, repairs, wash downs, etc.

Thought process:
Could get a zero turn mower to replace old 42" Craftsman mower and used tractor for other uses. Couldn't find much in my area for good used tractors so I started thinking about the compact / subcompact with mid mount mower. I've been wanting my own tractor vs. the family shared tractors and frankly, no one wants to spend the money to fix up the Farmalls anyway.

First stop was the Kioti dealer four miles down the road from me. Nice guy. Gave me a cash vs. finance price. Downside is he is the only Kioti dealership within 70 miles of me.

Next stop was Kubota dealer. 30 mins down the road. Didn't skip a second to talk junk about the Kioki brand. Cash or finance, same price. If I finance and get their property insurance, $250 deductible for damage during the life of the loan.

Final stop was the 2nd Kubota dealer. 30 mins up the road. Nice guy. As with the 1st dealer, same terms and price. Within $500 of 1st dealer. Definitely a smaller dealership.

Spoke on the phone to the Mahindra dealer who would be 30 mins up the road. Practically told me to go to the Kioti dealer - odd. He did quote me on an eMax25 but looking at the videos, it looks cheaper made. Have not actually seen one first hand though.

Spoke on the phone to the John Deere dealer who would be an hour down the road. Very proud of his product and openly arrogant towards the others. Priced about $5000 higher for their 1025R but does offer on-my-property service and repair for $85 service call. That would be convenient. Wonder if they bring cheese and wine when they come?

The Kioti CS2410 and Kubota BK25D would probably serve my needs well but the larger units tickle my ego a bit. Course, in the Kioti case, only the CS2410 has a MMM though the salesman tells me Kioti is coming out with a MMM for the CK line first quarter 2016.

My wife thinks I'm going through a phase and suggested the Kubota simply because it will be easier to sell later. I confess, I wasn't sure how to respond to that, so I just nodded (me? sell such a prize? what?)

I've looked at the forums and there are substantially fewer reviews on the Kioti compared to the Kubota. Talking to people, it seems that Kioti and Mihindra are considered to be one group of quality and Kubota, Massey, Deere, etc. in a higher quality group. Not sure if that's true and if so, should I care in my case.

Was hoping to use some of the Farmall implements or some skid steer stuff (neighbor has one) but have generally heard no to both.

Testing the units:
Kioti CS2410 - I noticed the unit had a strong vibration as low RPMs. Speed was fine.
Kubota BK25D - No vibration. Speed was fine.
Have not tested the higher models yet as I wasn't considering them but I am starting to wonder if I should.
Obviously, the controls are in different places and I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Anyway, I need a tie breaker. Would welcome any comments.

Thanks

I considered Kubota from 2006 to early 2015. . . then I dizcovered the Massey Gc1700 series and thats what i bought without hesitation. Simple question . . You don't indicate you checked out tbe GC1710 or GC1720 . . .why not (and please dont tell us because the dealer is 20 miles further than the otbers).

No one offers more mid mount mower choices than the gc1700 series (4 decks) or a longer warranty or cheaper insurance or . . .

I'm just wonering why they weren't even looked at ?

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601 #79  
I considered Kubota from 2006 to early 2015. . . then I dizcovered the Massey Gc1700 series and thats what i bought without hesitation. Simple question . . You don't indicate you checked out tbe GC1710 or GC1720 . . .why not (and please dont tell us because the dealer is 20 miles further than the otbers).

No one offers more mid mount mower choices than the gc1700 series (4 decks) or a longer warranty or cheaper insurance or . . .

I'm just wonering why they weren't even looked at ?

Axel,
While I agree that the MF could be a good choice that is well suited for the OP's needs he has already made a purchase. Not everyone is going to buy the same brand as you for what ever reason. The Kubota should serve him well just as your Massey Ferguson should serve you well. I would not wonder about it as it is a waste of your time.

/ Need tie breaker on Kioti CS2410, CK2510, Kobuta BK25D, or B2601
AxleHub: I did speak with the local dealer about the Massey 1700(?) series. Frankly, I didn't speak with him until near the end of my search as I honestly did not know about him (Massey website Dealer Locator screen wasn't working so I initially gave up). But yes, we did speak and he emailed me a quote and flat out said he could not come close to matching the price of the Kubota unit I was considering (BX25D) for a similar Massey unit.