Neophyte Massy Harris 44 owner

/ Neophyte Massy Harris 44 owner
Here they are, the one in the field is next springs project.

The next two pics are of the one I am getting ready for plowing snow. 8 hours just to scrape the grease and grime of it.

To find the leaks and what do I find a doozzie.....The rear main is leaking. Find a new rear main seal but Terry was saying something about having to tap bigger holes so the seal will align.

Anyone of you guys know anything about it?

DSC00417.JPGDSC00415.JPGDSC00416.JPG

I don't know why but the more I work on the the more I like them.

Harry

/ Neophyte Massy Harris 44 owner #23  
Nice looking standard tread models..!! Don't see many of those down this way, most are tricycle type here. They even have the original rear weights, another rareity.

Gotta' love the somewhat easy serviceability of that era tractors. I do believe the ones that had to work on them, had some input on the design.

Keep the pictures coming..!!

/ Neophyte Massy Harris 44 owner #24  
"How to post pictures?"

Sure, it'll be my pleasure to show you how to add pictures. Tractorbynet uses a powerful system to upload files and pictures, but it is anything except intuitive. Luckily it is linear...that is, one step follows another and it's easy enough once you do it the first time.

First step is no different from what you always do. Just click on either "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" which allows you to write a message.
But then DO NOT click on "submit reply" on the bottom of the screen.

Instead, look for the other choice at the bottom of the screen which is a box labeled "Go Advanced".
Click on Go Advanced, and another screen will come up. This advanced screen shows two things: At the top is your message as it would be posted without any changes .....and in an editing box below that the message appears again but with the ability to edit it.

Scroll down below the editing box to a black line that says" Additional Options". Scroll on down a few more lines and you will find a section labeled "Attachments" and to the right of that is a box that says "Manage Attachments".
Clicking on the box "Manage Attachments" takes you to yet
another screen.....this one is called the "File Upload Manager".

Go over to the right at the top of "File Upload Manager" and click on the box "Add Files", then on the next screen click on "Select Files". Now you in a hopefully familiar browsing box where you can search your own hard drive for pictures. When you find one that you want to upload, highlight it and click "Save" - which immediately takes you back to a little screen where you have the option to "upload files". Do that and then repeat the process of selecting, saving, and uploading as many times as you need to for more pictures.
When done, go to the bottom of that page and look for a box to click that says "DONE". Do so.

That will take you back to this page where at the bottom you have the option to see what all you are about to post in the box: "Preview Post"...or if you are confident you have it right (I never am) just hit "Submit Reply".

You can Preview and modify your Post as many times as you want...There is no limit to using the Preview, text edit box, "Manage Attachments, and then Preview Post over and over again until you are satisfied.

Helpful Hint: I often highlight the message I'm writing (by holding down the left mouse button and dragging to highlight the text) and then right clicking to bring up the screen that allows me to copy in order to save a copy of my work in the computer's own memory just so I won't lose the entire text if I mess up trying to post something on the forum...as I often do. Saving a copy allows me to recover everything by exiting the forum, re-entering, and using "Control V" to replace my text into the next attempt at a reply. In fact, I've done it several times this morning!! You can save at any time with no consequences.

So save a copy as I've just said, and then if all is still right and no second thoughts it is time to take the final step: click on "Submit Reply". Be prepared to wait a minute; sometimes the system is slow.
Enjoy! rScotty

Attachments

• MVC-007F (2).JPG
    MVC-007F (2).JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 63
  • sideview.JPG
    sideview.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 68