Never Ending Loops????

/ Never Ending Loops???? #1  

Golfgar4

Elite Member
Tractor
None -yet. Until then FunBuggy (EZ-Go) will have to do!
When I go to read a thread that shows a new reply (the yellow diamond sign), and it doesn't seem to matter which forum it is in, and I leave the thread after reading it, I've noticed that the thread still shows the new reply. At first I figured that someone had posted a reply while I was reading the thread. So I'd go back to it to see the new reply, except that it was the reply that I had just read. I'd leave again, and it would still be showing as having a new reply, but it would be the old reply.

What's up??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Never Ending Loops???? #2  
I've noticed the same thing, and if I "refresh" or reload the page it no longer indicates a new reply.

/ Never Ending Loops????
Hmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just tried refreshing the page, and it didn't make any difference. If I just go back out to the page where all the threads are listed in a particular forum (like in News/Feedback), the thread still appears to have anew reply when in fact it is the same one that was just read. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Maybe it's trying to tell me that I need to read the threads multiple times so that I'll remember things better! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Never Ending Loops???? #4  
Probably a good time to clear your Internet Cache and delete all cookies. You'll have to sign back on to TBN.

/ Never Ending Loops????
I do that multiple times every day. Basically, every time I leave I do that. And I did leave once after posting this thread, and when I came back, after logging back on, the problem still remained.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #6  
Instead of using the browser's Back button, click on the left most mouse track (located just above the Related Links advertising). Even though it indicates you will be going back to the main forum group (Kubota, New Holland, Other Forums, etc.) you will actually go to the Main Index which will be refreshed. Also if you exit your browser and restart the browser you will accomplish the same thing.

However, if you do not exit the browser and go to another non-TBN page and then come back to TBN using Favorites for example, the Main index will not be refreshed. This is how it works on my IE 6.1. Your mileage may vary.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #7  
I've noticed the same thing. It happens to me, too. Also, if I read a post and click Main Index sometimes the yellow indicator will disappear. Also, the new posts will no longer be highlighted. However, when I come on later it will indicate new posts and the post(s) will again be highlighted. It is no biggie, but can be a little annoying sometimes.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #8  
Go to Tools->Internet Options and then select Settings... Make sure you have selected to check for new pages ON EACH VISIT.

I'm really not sure if that is the fix or not for I never use the Main Index to look for posts -- I have my link to TBN pointed to Posts made in the last 12 hours.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm really not sure if that is the fix or not for I never use the Main Index to look for posts -- I have my link to TBN pointed to Posts made in the last 12 hours.
)</font>

I'm a little confused. What do you mean by that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Never Ending Loops???? #10  
On my Links Toolbar on my browser, this is what I have for TBN