Never Ending Loops????

/ Never Ending Loops???? #11  
Someone has been watching this thread? I've had the same problem but not now.

/ Never Ending Loops????
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Even though it indicates you will be going back to the main forum group (Kubota, New Holland, Other Forums, etc.) you will actually go to the Main Index which will be refreshed. )</font>

Tried that. It didn't make any difference. When I come back to the thread, it still shows up as if there are new replies, but there really aren't. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Go to Tools->Internet Options and then select Settings... Make sure you have selected to check for new pages ON EACH VISIT.
)</font>

Dave,

I tried your fix, and that didn't make any difference either. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I really don't think it has anything to do with my computer (at work). It just started happening yesterday, and there have been no changes to any of my settings. Like JayC said, it's more annoying than anything else. I just thought that I should let Muhammad and his crew know about the glitch.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #13  
I got down the list forum by forum, reading the "new" posts in flat mode so I can see the whole thread. When I come to the end of one, I use the box at the bottom to go to the next one, but I frequently forget which ones had new posts, so then when I get to the end of one, I jump back to the top of the page, click on "main index" and the only time it still shows "new" posts in one I've read is when one was just posted. So I would imagine the problem is with your computer rather than the forum, but I don't know what the solution would be.

/ Never Ending Loops????
O.K. Just tried something else. I decided to use the Mark All Read feature, figuring if I use that, maybe it'll be like resetting everything back to square 1 and everything will return to normal.

Well, all of the forums on the Main Index turned "grey", just like after opening up a thread. But when I went into individual threads (and it doesn't matter which forum or which thread), the problem was still there. The thread would show new replies that had already been read, and going out of the thread and then coming back in didn't change anything. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

This is getting to be more than frustrating. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I don't have a clue what is causing this. I'm VERY surprised that it appears to be on my computer, since apparently no one else is experiencing this. This is my work computer, and no settings have been changed and I'm not having any problems with anything else.

Any other ideas out there?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Note: Just as an example, after I wrote this reply, I left the thread and went back out to the News/Feedback forum where this thread (and others) are listed. Normally, this thread would NOT be highlighted and no new post would be showing because I made the last post. But it WAS highlighted and 1 new post was registered. When I opened the thread, my post was the last on showing.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have a clue what is causing this. I'm VERY surprised that it appears to be on my computer, since apparently no one else is experiencing this. )</font>

Hey, don't forget me! That makes at least two of us.
drinkers.gif

/ Never Ending Loops????
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sorry Jay! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You're right! And more importantly, I think that at least means that it's not just my (or your) problem. Having 2 different computers begin to act up exactly the same way at the same time is just a little too coincidental! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So now - Hey Muhammad! What's going on??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Can you help us - Pretty Please?? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Never Ending Loops???? #17  
One of my computers at work (XP) was doing this same senario. Last week after a bad run-in with Service Pack 6 on Microsoft Visual Studio I had to re-image the problem has somewhat diminished. Still see it occasionally but not like I had been. Doesn't seem to affect my 2000 machine at work or my XP or ME machines at home as much as does my XP machine at work even since the rebuild - but they do experience it. I had tried originally to delete the cache & cookies but it didn't help the problem.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #18  
There's something with the saving of pics here too. IE wants to save them as a bmp even if they are a jpg. I've tried numerous sites and this is the only place I have a problem.

/ Never Ending Loops???? #19  
Anyone rember the " Do" loops with Fortran that didn't have an end statement.

Of course no one here ever intercepted a friends punch cards and substituted properly keypunched cards to perpetuate the loop????

Ahh- those were the days, youth, vigor, energy and ones whole life in the future!

Nomad should know all about this and be able to explain it.

Egon

/ Never Ending Loops???? #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IE wants to save them as a bmp even if they are a jpg. )</font>

Time to delete your Temporary Files. You'll have to close your browser and restart once they are deleted. Then you should be able to Save As .JPG again.