Never hooked up hydraulics, need help

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The classic first use for a rear remote is for a hydraulic top link. Makes on-the-fly adjustments of the rear top link possible - very helpful for rear box blades, rear blades, mowers, three point hitch boom poles, etc.

Again, Carter & Carter have made a name for themselves as the quick answer to rear hydraulics for compact tractors. )</font>

Bingo! You beat me to it. Can't wait to get mine.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The classic first use for a rear remote is for a hydraulic top link. Makes on-the-fly adjustments of the rear top link possible - very helpful for rear box blades, rear blades, mowers, three point hitch boom poles, etc.

Again, Carter & Carter have made a name for themselves as the quick answer to rear hydraulics for compact tractors. )</font>

Bingo! You beat me to it. Can't wait to get mine.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( You can do one of two things. You can buy a remote hydraulic kit and install it to the rear of the tractor, or you can buy the hose kit that uses the power beyond part of your main loader valve.)</font>

Not quite true for a Kubota L3400. There is no power beyond hose kit available. Your options are:
  • to install either a Kubota or an aftermarket rear remote
  • have your dealer install the plumbing for a tractor hydraulics backhoe (i't not a kit). This option will usually disable the 3pt from working. )</font>

Mad,
    You got me to thinking about this the last time I had my BH on my L2800 a couple of weeks ago and my 3pt will still work. It doesn't interfere with anything and it is all dealer installed equipment.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( You can do one of two things. You can buy a remote hydraulic kit and install it to the rear of the tractor, or you can buy the hose kit that uses the power beyond part of your main loader valve.)</font>

Not quite true for a Kubota L3400. There is no power beyond hose kit available. Your options are:
  • to install either a Kubota or an aftermarket rear remote
  • have your dealer install the plumbing for a tractor hydraulics backhoe (i't not a kit). This option will usually disable the 3pt from working. )</font>

Mad,
    You got me to thinking about this the last time I had my BH on my L2800 a couple of weeks ago and my 3pt will still work. It doesn't interfere with anything and it is all dealer installed equipment.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You got me to thinking about this the last time I had my BH on my L2800 a couple of weeks ago and my 3pt will still work. It doesn't interfere with anything and it is all dealer installed equipment. )</font>

Depends on how he plumbed everything. There are several ways to hook-up a backhoe. Does your setup require the two connections to be jumpered when the backhoe is off? If so then he just broke the circuit and inserted the backhoe. The backhoe then exhausts into the 3pt instead of the tank.

There are other ways that physically disable the 3pt. It all depends on how the dealer plumbs the install.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You got me to thinking about this the last time I had my BH on my L2800 a couple of weeks ago and my 3pt will still work. It doesn't interfere with anything and it is all dealer installed equipment. )</font>

Depends on how he plumbed everything. There are several ways to hook-up a backhoe. Does your setup require the two connections to be jumpered when the backhoe is off? If so then he just broke the circuit and inserted the backhoe. The backhoe then exhausts into the 3pt instead of the tank.

There are other ways that physically disable the 3pt. It all depends on how the dealer plumbs the install.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help
Since a rear remote includes a valve with some type of lever to "turn the pressure on", how does that work with a log splitter that has it's own valve? Can it be locked in the on posiition and the log splitter valve used?

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help
Since a rear remote includes a valve with some type of lever to "turn the pressure on", how does that work with a log splitter that has it's own valve? Can it be locked in the on posiition and the log splitter valve used?

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Since a rear remote includes a valve with some type of lever to "turn the pressure on", how does that work with a log splitter that has it's own valve? Can it be locked in the on posiition and the log splitter valve used? )</font>

Most people use a bungee cord to hold the remote valve lever open. The biggest disadvantage to this setup is the potential for heat being generated.

/ Never hooked up hydraulics, need help #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Since a rear remote includes a valve with some type of lever to "turn the pressure on", how does that work with a log splitter that has it's own valve? Can it be locked in the on posiition and the log splitter valve used? )</font>

Most people use a bungee cord to hold the remote valve lever open. The biggest disadvantage to this setup is the potential for heat being generated.