Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #921  
Amen power place I for 1 never panicked, not bragging but I've seen this sh-- before. It's all about making a buck, and manipulating the market with propaganda, and peoe eat it up! FEAR...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #923  
Randy , I think you've been misinformed, I have searched deeply for info about discontinuing hornet ammo, found nothing. I called remington directly and am convinced this is a rumor. Although it is not easily found, reloading is best coarse as I reload for 221 fireball and 243 wssm among several other because when you do find it it's exspensive.
It may not be discontinued, but everywhere I have checked it is out of stock and not back orderable! That is why I picked up a set of dies for it, I reload 22-250, 222, 30.06,.444, 38spl/357,44 mag,45 long colt,45 acp so I figure I may as well load them to!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #924  
Yea randy . I know what you mean, I reload for everything but 22 lr lol.221, 223,4570,243,243wssm,7mm mag,308,22250,I think that's it haha

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #925  
On the majority of handgun ammo the price is getting back to normal but 5.56 is still a little over $.50 a round. .22 are now coming in 325 round packs (if they can be found) for the same as what we use to pay for 550 rnd packs so I'm not sure the price on those will ever come back down.

i was at a show this weekend. 22mag's were 24-30/ box of 50 (high)

i did find a single 325r box of federal 22lr for 35$ while that is higher than walmart a year ago. it's way cheaper than i have seen since december.

have seen 9mm at 19$ a box.. and one time saw 17$ a box.

IMHO.. the dealers and distribuitors are now getting ammo in at a good price.. but absorbing all the flow so the consumer still can't find some stuff on shelves and still has to pay a bit of inflated prices.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #926  
It may not be discontinued, but everywhere I have checked it is out of stock and not back orderable! That is why I picked up a set of dies for it, I reload 22-250, 222, 30.06,.444, 38spl/357,44 mag,45 long colt,45 acp so I figure I may as well load them to!

many limited use ammo are only made in 1 run a year. for instance. hornady only makes 455 web, 35rem, and 218 bee in limited runs.

when it's out.. it's out. when it's not..it's not. :)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #927  
proves a fool and his money are soon parted. Our local gun store instituted a 1 box per customer policy, and the shelves are finally beginning to stock up again.

been a one box limit in academy and they still sell out every day on what they have. They get very little bricks in and those sell 15 minuts after they open but the small boxes of 22 or the bricks that actually have small boxes in them are sold one at a time and they may have 2 cases in each week or so, say 5000 rounds each box and they sell before the day is over at a 1 box limit.

I like shooting it myself but if they stay high and others are lower or i can reload say 38 or 44mag for the smae price im not going to pay those crazy prices of $70/brick!!!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #928  
gander here gets in 80 boxes of 22lr.. and seels out the thursday morningthey get them.. line forms before store opens.

been a one box limit in academy and they still sell out every day on what they have. They get very little bricks in and those sell 15 minuts after they open but the small boxes of 22 or the bricks that actually have small boxes in them are sold one at a time and they may have 2 cases in each week or so, say 5000 rounds each box and they sell before the day is over at a 1 box limit.

I like shooting it myself but if they stay high and others are lower or i can reload say 38 or 44mag for the smae price im not going to pay those crazy prices of $70/brick!!!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #929  
gander here gets in 80 boxes of 22lr.. and seels out the thursday morningthey get them.. line forms before store opens.

Still? Good Grief. On the way back from Canada I stopped in Scheels Sportiong goods in Grand Rapids ND. They had just about every caliber in decent quantities....except......yep...NO 22LR!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #930  
yup.

there are some calibers setting on the shelf. odd stuff.. stuff the average non C&R owner wouldn't shoot or even know about.

but very few nomral calibers are onthe shelf.

no buckshot either.

I think i have just found a place to buy lead shot. but can't get anything over 4 no #1's i was looking for..

Status
Not open for further replies.