Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #941  
seems like it is still feeding the gougers though.. they are gouginh you by limiting 1 box and making you pay horrid shipping though..

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #942  
I am into this brick for $30.xx. Since Cabelas is a hour away, and my stock of 22LR was down to 100 shorts, and a few partial boxes of 50's...and I hadn't even sniffed an opportunity to get a brick at "normal" pricing....WHAT'S A GUY TO DO? :) :)

Buy. Buy!!

If its an hour away, its also an hour back. Two hours of driving averaging 40MPH = about 80 miles.
If it costs you .25 cents per mile to operate your vehicle, it would cost you $20.00 to drive there and back.
It appears it only cost you $7 to have it shipped. So, look at it this way.... you saved $13.00! :laughing:

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #943  
If its an hour away, its also an hour back. Two hours of driving averaging 40MPH = about 80 miles.
If it costs you .25 cents per mile to operate your vehicle, it would cost you $20.00 to drive there and back.
It appears it only cost you $7 to have it shipped. So, look at it this way.... you saved $13.00! :laughing:

Plus the aggravation of standing in a mile long line. Maybe he needs a excuse to go to Cabelas though.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #944  

Or... you could wonder why you have to drive 80 miles for .22lr when every hardware store in the country used to carry them for a buck a box just 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, "What's a hardware store grandpa?" will be a question soon asked by most grand children.
Yikes! :(

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #945  
no 4$ ormd tag???

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #946  
Or... you could wonder why you have to drive 80 miles for .22lr when every hardware store in the country used to carry them for a buck a box just 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, "What's a hardware store grandpa?" will be a question soon asked by most grand children.
Yikes! :(

how about 10months ago.. :(

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #947  
There is a three box limit at Walmart and Acadamy here, but he ammo is there. Walmart has 30-06 Federal soft points for $19 per box. I think the hoarding has slowed down around these parts, 9mm, 45, .223 are back. For a while 30-30 was scarce. Even 45/70 was selling like hot cakes, no one had any 7mm at all for months. I make gas checks, its amazing how many people stocked up on them, lots of big orders. Some customers bought thousands of 50 cal gas checks, THOUSANDS! How many .50 S&W can you shoot? My hand hurts just thinking about it. Selling plenty of the .458's also. They will be selling things off now. My local Buy/Sell is getting more ammo adds.. Stupid hurts. I just hope powder and primers come down a bit before I run out in a few years.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #948  
our 3 b ox limit sign is funny.

3 box limit. empty shelf. :)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #949  
our 3 b ox limit sign is funny.

3 box limit. empty shelf. :)

Yeah, 3 box limit of nothing.... I chuckle each time I see that. Last .22 I bought was a few months ago at a very small local gun shop. $30 for a box of 500, so 6 cents a pop, or $3.00 for 50, which isn't far from the $2.89 other places were posting on their bare shelves. Nothing left in town for that price. Only place that has anything is a new local "armory" (yeah,, right) that wanted $60.00 per 500. He said that's what everyone else is selling them for. I said Walmart, Dunhams, etc... still has them listed for under $3.00 a box when they have them. He laughed at me and said he's getting $60 a brick. I'll never buy from him. Ever.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #950  
So I see on slickguns 22lr for 5 cents a round. 325 for $14.99
Guess the total>.....

In Stock Product Subtotal:

$14.99

Postage, Handling & Insurance:

$15.20

Special Handling Fee:
$3.00

NRA Round-Up Contribution:

$0.00

In Stock Grand Total: