New 1648 owner

/ New 1648 owner #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Picked up my new 1648 HST cab yesterday. Drove about 17 hrs to central Wisconsin & back to get it, but it was worth the drive.

Really like it so far, but I'm still getting used to it. I really thought I didn't want a cab, but my buddy (staying warm during this cold winter in his cab while I froze my legs stiff) finally convinced me.

The fit & finish of the Massey seems top notch. And the tractor seems physically larger than other tractors in this class. I like the hydraulics too, and the trans seems to put power down nicely, even for a hydro.

I'm absolutely positive that I'll break the windows or something else expensive on the cab at some point, so I took a rider out thru State Farm to cover me wherever I go!

Pics below. Also, what type of interior storage ideas have any of you come up with on the cabs? It only had a cup holder, but I'd like other spots to put stuff, like my phone, knife, etc.

ForumRunner_20140203_165023.png

ForumRunner_20140203_165042.png

/ New 1648 owner #2  
Great choice you will really enjoy being warm in winter and cool in summer. My Kubota has storage for stuff behind seat and two cup holders. Phone stays in front pocket, so deaf couldn't hear it ring unless it's close. Do not remember layout of 1648 on inside. If it doesn't have radio are you going to put one in?

/ New 1648 owner
Great choice you will really enjoy being warm in winter and cool in summer. My Kubota has storage for stuff behind seat and two cup holders. Phone stays in front pocket, so deaf couldn't hear it ring unless it's close. Do not remember layout of 1648 on inside. If it doesn't have radio are you going to put one in?

Yeah, I'll be adding a radio soon. Waiting to see the dealers price for the writing harness adapter. Depending on price, I'll just redneck it and splice into the wires when i put the radio in. I'll probably order that tonight.

I'd prefer to not leave my phone in the pocket because while on the tractor, I like to leave it plugged in & charging.

/ New 1648 owner #4  
Congrats, great looking tractor.

/ New 1648 owner #5  
Congrats TSO and thanks for the pics.

What's all that white stuff on the ground and on the tyres? :laughing:

/ New 1648 owner #6  
Yeah, I'll be adding a radio soon. Waiting to see the dealers price for the writing harness adapter. Depending on price, I'll just redneck it and splice into the wires when i put the radio in. I'll probably order that tonight.

I'd prefer to not leave my phone in the pocket because while on the tractor, I like to leave it plugged in & charging.

The speakers are awful and you should consider new ones when you do this. If am remembering correctly the radio ant mounts on the side, a knockout is there. Cructhfields is a good source for radios. Consider Bluetooth so your phone hooks up. the last little snow we had( 3.5in) it was 17 when started to clean and 7 when finished was in long sleeve shirt only and heat on low

/ New 1648 owner #7  
Congratulations! They are an awesome looking tractor.

I haven't really given any thought to addiional storage, will likely be looking for a way to keep a phone that's out of the way myself this summer. Pillars are an area I'll be looking at to potentially soft mount some sort of holder, out of the way of window latches or hinges.

/ New 1648 owner
The speakers are awful and you should consider new ones when you do this. If am remembering correctly the radio ant mounts on the side, a knockout is there. Cructhfields is a good source for radios. Consider Bluetooth so your phone hooks up. the last little snow we had( 3.5in) it was 17 when started to clean and 7 when finished was in long sleeve shirt only and heat on low

Thought you said you had a Kubota? Some folks were saying the Massey speakers are Clarions and are actually decent (allegedly). So, I'll see how it sounds first and go from there.

/ New 1648 owner #9  
Congratulations TSO. Do you still have the LS?

/ New 1648 owner #10  
The speakers are respectable, I wouldn't classify them as garbage but to each their own.