New 1648 owner

/ New 1648 owner #21  
TSO how are you liking the Massey so far?

/ New 1648 owner #22  
Nice tractor. You're right about the rarity of new 1600 series tractors. They're hard to find these days. I finally just gave up and went with a 1742, which I like a lot so far.
I think I was fortunate to have found a new 1643 to buy. Love this machine.

Congrats on the 1648, TSO. Nice tractor.

/ New 1648 owner
Thanks guys, I'm really liking it so far. Only complaints are interior storage (cubbies for stuff) are lacking, and the ground level breakout force is a bit lighter at the bucket than the LS loader.

Otherwise, it's very nice, comfortable, warm! Radio just came in the mail today, just waiting for the antenna extender to arrive.

/ New 1648 owner #24  
The speakers are respectable, I wouldn't classify them as garbage but to each their own.

I agree. I did replace mine with a better speaker and it sounds much better at higher/full throttle RPM situations.

/ New 1648 owner
Ok, got the radio installed, the antenna went in fine, though I had to drill the pre-drilled hole in the pillar a bit bigger.

The speakers are ok... nothing to write home about, but they do the job for now.

In case I do replace them, what size are they? I'm assuming 3.5 inch?

/ New 1648 owner #26  
TSO,

How is the Massey treating you? How many hours have you put on it. Any complaints with the cab?

/ New 1648 owner
TSO,

How is the Massey treating you? How many hours have you put on it. Any complaints with the cab?

I think I'm up to around 30 hrs or so. My only use has been moving snow, so I'll know more when it warms up and I can use it for my regular tractor duties, mainly loader work, moving logs, brush, tilling, etc.

I'm getting used to the cab. It's a pain sometimes having to open/close open/close ... the doors every time I get on & off the thing. Pros & Cons. I just hope I made the right decision selling the LS, I really liked it.

I still feel like the LS had more power in mid range, while the Massey has more in high. The LS was a lot better in deep snow, could have something to do with the bigger tires.

How are you guys liking the LS so far?

/ New 1648 owner #28  
I think I'm up to around 30 hrs or so. My only use has been moving snow, so I'll know more when it warms up and I can use it for my regular tractor duties, mainly loader work, moving logs, brush, tilling, etc.

I'm getting used to the cab. It's a pain sometimes having to open/close open/close ... the doors every time I get on & off the thing. Pros & Cons. I just hope I made the right decision selling the LS, I really liked it.

I still feel like the LS had more power in mid range, while the Massey has more in high. The LS was a lot better in deep snow, could have something to do with the bigger tires.

How are you guys liking the LS so far?

I really like mine TSO , mine did a great job moving snow (102" so far) but like you I need to put it thru regular tractor duties in the spring. I have no doubt it will do almost everything I need it to do. I am very happy with how it maneuvers. I am at 47 hrs. Will be servicing it very soon.

/ New 1648 owner
I really like mine TSO , mine did a great job moving snow (102" so far) but like you I need to put it thru regular tractor duties in the spring. I have no doubt it will do almost everything I need it to do. I am very happy with how it maneuvers. I am at 47 hrs. Will be servicing it very soon.

Sorry underdog, I was directing that at Green Power .. they bought my LS R4047. I know you like yours! ;)

/ New 1648 owner #30  
To be honest with you i have not even seen the LS yet. Hopefully my Dad and I can make it down there by the end of March :confused: and we will be able to get some tractor, and excavator time in. :) then when we are done with the LS down there we will probably take it to the Farm. How fast does the LS go in high range? Do you see any problem with driving it down the road 100 miles?