New 2014 Deere 3R series

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #61  
Ok, here's the pics. It's still a 3320 old style. has some different things than mine. steve 001.jpgsteve 003.jpgsteve 004.jpgsteve 005.jpg

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #63  
   / New 2014 Deere 3R series #64  
The op manual for the 3R's are up at Deere's site. 30-45 minutes to do a DPF cleaning if it doesn't get done during normal operation!
OMLVU27262

The hood only opens on the top section like the 4X10's
The front axle has grease zerks
Glow plugs appear to be a timed event instead of counting in your head:confused2:

Full manual
John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Publications Search

Tim

Grab a 3x20 while you can.

DPF's are nothing but trouble. I am in the trucking industry and the newer trucks with emissions equipment spend more time in the shop then on the road. The fuel consumption on the new 3R will be horrible when you have to leave it high idle for 40 minutes to do a burn off. Unless you work the tractor VERY hard and keep the EGT very high all the time, you WILL be doing regular idle regens.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #65  
Grab a 3x20 while you can.

DPF's are nothing but trouble. I am in the trucking industry and the newer trucks with emissions equipment spend more time in the shop then on the road. The fuel consumption on the new 3R will be horrible when you have to leave it high idle for 40 minutes to do a burn off. Unless you work the tractor VERY hard and keep the EGT very high all the time, you WILL be doing regular idle regens.

During DPF Regens on tractors you do not even notice it. IF you are idling a regen it only boosts idle rpm from 850-900 to 1000-1200. JD says it only uses 1% more fuel. Its not enough to break the bank is it?

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #66  
I decided to buy a tractor now partly due to the new emissions requirements. DPF systems, while getting slightly better, are really maintenance hogs that can only cost you more. Just look at the trucking industry and pickups too.

Glad I bought now to avoid all that.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #67  
Looks like the dash is pretty much completely redone. The Mid PTO and reverse function looks new, this could be a pain for snowblower operators, like myself, if it is ran off mid as current is. A lot of the switches have now been moved to two new electronic interfaces, one on side console, one on dash. The functions seem pretty well explained. What still is not clear, is the front pto discussion. Is there one? Is it different than before? If there is a front PTO there is no discussion in the PTO engagement section of the manual, but it is talked about in other sections.
Interestingly, there is no cautions that I could find for getting water in the top exhaust port. Is it okay to flood this area? Seems logical to me that if you were to wash the machine, that you would not want to get a lot of water in it.
Also, there seems to be a 3rd SCV lockout switch. Not the lock on the SCV lever, but the electonic switch that must be toggled before use after key off position.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #68  
What still is not clear, is the front pto discussion. Is there one? Is it different than before? If there is a front PTO there is no discussion in the PTO engagement section of the manual, but it is talked about in other sections.

I didn't think any of that changed. Was/is there talk of a front PTO in addition to the mid PTO?

Interestingly, there is no cautions that I could find for getting water in the top exhaust port. Is it okay to flood this area? Seems logical to me that if you were to wash the machine, that you would not want to get a lot of water in it.

That top port is just a plug in the hood in case you want to install the vertical exaust. On the previous model, you had to cut the hole in the hood.

Also, there seems to be a 3rd SCV lockout switch. Not the lock on the SCV lever, but the electonic switch that must be toggled before use after key off position.

That is the same as the 2011, 20012, and 2013 models

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #69  
I didn't think any of that changed. Was/is there talk of a front PTO in addition to the mid PTO?

That top port is just a plug in the hood in case you want to install the vertical exaust. On the previous model, you had to cut the hole in the hood.

That is the same as the 2011, 20012, and 2013 models

Yes, there is talk of a front PTO and there is one on the Build Your Own as an option and also dialogue in the manual about it (basically, that it's there). I'll try to find the places I read about it. Again. Not clear if they are adding it as a Mid to Front PTO kit with the telescope shaft and same as previous. It does explicitly discuss a front PTO. However, there is no discussion on how to operate it. It's the same rhetoric as the previous models on Mid/Rear PTO engagement.

Port: I think it's worth a read. They discuss that port as a "hybrid" port indicating that it is used during the clean cycle and that it gets very hot. I will read again to confirm that I am remembering correctly.

PTO reverse: Interesting. What are blower/front PTO users doing, engaging the back up feature every time? That would be a massive pain in the butt.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #70  
Vent:

Manual Section 14 – Service Misc. shows a good picture of the vents and calls it an exhaust vent.

Key features 4th tab, “Powerful Yanmar diesel…” Very last two sentences of the tab.

“In normal operations, the exhaust goes through the downward exhaust outlet”
“In park regeneration process, the exhaust will go through the upward exhaust outlet”

Front PTO:

Manual section 06 – Operating:

See graphic depicting Front PTO and explained that ref J is the front PTO indicator (if equipped).

Maybe this is the dash shared with other models that use a front PTO?

I thought there was another reference. I will keep hunting.