New 2910 arrives this morning !!

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #31  
You guys give better records than our local forecaster./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Its the dang windchill I become /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #32  
While my post doesn't include the winds, you can get an idea of them by looking at the right most column labeled HDD, Heating Degree Days.

animation1.gif

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #33  
And then of course there's the elevation factor. I stopped in Lebanon this morning for breakfast and it was a good 10 deg warmer (hopefully I'm not exagerating) than at my place which is about 1200 feet higher.

Anyway, I'll promise not to exagerate unless absolutely necessary as long a Thomas agrees to as well.

By the way, what's the temp in the cave and say Hi to Phil. See you Feb 1st.

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #34  
Paul,
I visited Bob Wolff in Woodbury Ct. I was concerned that he is not a registered Kubota dealer. He goes through a dealer in Penn. Were you comfortable knowing that? I'm a little leary to purchase there. What about warranty issues and the fact that the other registered Kubota dealers don't start getting on Kubota's case. What happens if they shut him and the Penn dealer down??? I have gotten burned on machine deals that were just like this set up. I would like your feedback on what made you comfortable with the purchase. Don't get me wrong, Bob seems like a great guy...but at some point Kubota's gonna get involved.

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #35  
Pete,
The next time your in the city let me know,for the coffee on me./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #36  
<font color=blue>...The next time your in the city let me know,for the coffee on me...</font color=blue>

Thomas,

That's exactly what Boondox and his wife attempted to do a few months back... What happened? /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

He had to leave some choice Green Mountain coffee on your doorstep... did you ever get it? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !!
Tileman,
I`m not sure I`m following your post right. Are you concerned that you wont be able to get warranty work done if they get shutdown? If that is what you are asking then no I`m not worried about that at all. The only problem that I see there is that I would have to drive futher to get the work done.(and I might not trust the mechanic as much /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) A new Kubota tractor is a new Kubota tractor. If I bought from " Full Fledged" but poorly managed dealership they might go belly up in a year. Then I would be in the same situtation. I never understood the warranty/service concern for buying out of state. If I buy a tractor/car (or whatever) and then move to a different state for some reason (work,etc.) should I expect to get a hard time from a dealership when I need service/warranty work ? I dont think so. If the dealer is more concerned about where it was purchased than getting a regular customer then I would take my vehicle/business elsewhere. The dealer stands to make a considerable amount of money on service/maintainece over the life of the car/equipment. Also chances are I will be buying any new implements/accessories from him also.
Now as far as Bob is concerned. I believe Bob will do whatever possible to help out any customer of his. I know of times he has driven to NY on Sunday to help a customer . Not to fix something but to help him put an implement on. He is knowledgable of the product (grew up farming) and he sell you what you need. I know a few contractors that have purchased from him without concern (and actually recommend him). They use there equipment to put food on the table. I "stopped by" Bob`s many times (felt like I was being a pain in the a$$) and asked questions and watched what was going on. I watched him put a cab on and go get new weatherstripping because he felt the supplied stuff didnt seal as well. Basically if a salesman drove up from Penn and made a deal with you. Then showed up 2 weeks later with your tractor would you feel uncomfortable? I wouldn`t but that is me. (You may feel different) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. Once again I feel like I`m rambling on about Bob`s business /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I just believe he is a honest businessman that knows the value of his customers. When I encounter someone like that (tractor/car/pool cleaner/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) I will gladly get on the soapbox and spread the good word. I will also do the same if I get shafted. I think we hear plenty about bad businesses and not enough about the good guys. I personally believe Bob is one of the good guys.
Wow my reply is longer than I thought it would be. If I dont watch it I`m gonna start typing some really long posts like some other members on this board /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I wont metion any names/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #38  
Obviously there are some flatlanders who require edification. Much of the difference depends on where the temps are taken. This morning, here at 1500', my thermometer read 15 degrees. In the village, several hundred feet below me, they recorded 8 degrees. Depending on conditions, my elevation may at times be much colder than the valley. I've seen differences up to the mid-twenty degree range between hill and valley. Best to check local variances before putting your foot in your mouth.

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ New 2910 arrives this morning !! #40  
John.
WHAT!!
That just about knock me out of the rocking chair reading that!!

The person watching my home never mention about Peter and his wife stopping by..also the coffee.

I SHALL BE ASKING QUESTIONS!!

Thank you John.