New 5055E

/ New 5055E #211  
Mine also was involved in the loader bolt fiasco and had 3 pulled with the block threads. It's been a comedy of errors and issues

Brett

It's unbelievable that you're still having problems with that tractor! Did you ever ask Deere to replace it? Mine finally got sorted-out and Deere added 12 months to the warranty for my trouble... I just bought a new 5100M to go haying with; what a difference in the workmanship.

/ New 5055E
L
It's unbelievable that you're still having problems with that tractor! Did you ever ask Deere to replace it? Mine finally got sorted-out and Deere added 12 months to the warranty for my trouble... I just bought a new 5100M to go haying with; what a difference in the workmanship.

After the dealer split it the first time, they neglected to replace the coolant that drained out which was all of it. It overheated bad and that's when I feel a bunch of issues started. New injectors, injector pump, injector lines, all new brakes as they had been hanging up and heating up killing the power. Just a mess.

New 5100e is going to be nice but the 5100m is a whole different animal. That'll be great!

Brett

/ New 5055E #213  
I have another thread going but for those not reading it, I'll give the cliffs

Tractor has been in the shop 8 months in the last 18. Been split atleast twice, 20k in warranty work, dealer has put about 50 hrs on it. Now it's running hotter than normal while shredding. Tired of the constant down time. Ordered a new 5100e with h260. Supposed to be in third week of February and getting really excited. I don't recommend the 5055-5075 cab to anyone. Spend the money and get a 5085 or 5100, if you can't afford those as much as it pains me I say look to another brand. This is two bad apples in a row

Brett

That's painful to read. I'm glad your moving onward with a new tractor.

/ New 5055E
That's painful to read. I'm glad your moving onward with a new tractor.

Painful to experience, cost about 7+k in payments and a loss of atleast 10k in side job work in those 8 months. Oh well, on to a bigger and better tractor!

Brett

/ New 5055E #215  
Painful to experience, cost about 7+k in payments and a loss of atleast 10k in side job work in those 8 months. Oh well, on to a bigger and better tractor!

Brett

That's a significant amount of money. Glad you put a stop to the bleeding and moved on.

/ New 5055E #216  
And please let us know how you get along with the 5100M. That would be my first choice in a JD.

/ New 5055E
That's a significant amount of money. Glad you put a stop to the bleeding and moved on.

That's the plan! Staying positive and getting excited again.

And please let us know how you get along with the 5100M. That would be my first choice in a JD.

Man I wish I was getting one of those but now we're talking huge money! I'll keep everyone up on my 5100E and I hope LoudonNH will give us more reviews!

Been staying up on your top link thread from a few years ago. Planning on doing the same. On the Tractor side ball, in addition to the new weld on cat 2 ball, how much more would you recommend to add to it?

Any other changes?

Brett