New 5055E

/ New 5055E #201  
All threads seem to go astray if left loose long enough.:eek: We would have come back to your problems as soon as you had another development.

/ New 5055E #202  
I am going to start a new thread on the brake problem. This one has gone astray... I will call it "John Deere 2013-2015, 5E series brake problem."

Good call. Most readers wouldn't come to this thread if they had a brake problem.

Thanks again for bearing your soul on this.

/ New 5055E #204  
Just for the heck of it I checked the brakes on my JD 5520 and the pedal only moves about 3/4"-1" before a solid pedal.

/ New 5055E #205  
Just for the heck of it I checked the brakes on my JD 5520 and the pedal only moves about 3/4"-1" before a solid pedal.

As it should be.

/ New 5055E #206  

As it should be.

/ New 5055E
Latest greatest

Ever since the tractor was new I'd get a caution light everyonce in a while. Wasn't a big deal but let salesman know. Told him I'd let them look at it when it comes in for the first service. Not worth them sending out a service guy. I think they will come out for the first three months free. Well the coolant res was low. Met with dealer and he brought me a gallon to see if that fixed the problem. It didn't. Salesman said he get a tech out in the next few days.

Tech came and found a couple issues. Ordered parts and returned the next week. Swapped what he needed to and replaced my radio antenna the salesman broke off when it was delivered. All was fine and good until we got a bill. Supposedly I owe $80 for the service call. I was hot! Called salesman to get to the bottom of it. He said he will take care of it. Caution light still comes on but I'm not messing with it till it's oil change. Currently have 50 hrs on it.

Brett

/ New 5055E #208  
Coming in late with a few issues I had with my new 5055E. The brakes are 'soft' and the pedal travels 3inches +/- before starting to slow or stop the tractor, much less responsive than those on either of my 2 previous Kubotas. I was hooked up to my woods B84x rotary mower and needed to swap to the box blade to level a spot for the 40ft storage container due to be delivered later that afternoon, when they called with change of plans and were enroute at that time. I went to disconnect the mower and NO 3PT! The nut on the end of cable at the valve/lever had vibrated off at 10 hrs on the meter! Besides being very hard to reach under the cab and not knowing what size nut was needed (10mm by the way) I was stuck. The connex was delivered and is sitting at an angle on uneven ground but the the doors just do function. EVERY nut I could find, 3pt and draft control and SCV was loose and about to fall off. The only nuts found to be tight were the wheel lugs and FEL but still not sure if my unit is involved in the recall where JD used bolts too short for the specs. So far all chose clamps are tight, but I spend more time checking nuts and bolts than it takes to check lube/oil/and grease the FEL. I also do not have any grease zerks on the steering arms on front end of MFWD. I would prefer greasable fitting to sealed bearings on the front end. Opinions anyone?

/ New 5055E
I have another thread going but for those not reading it, I'll give the cliffs

Tractor has been in the shop 8 months in the last 18. Been split atleast twice, 20k in warranty work, dealer has put about 50 hrs on it. Now it's running hotter than normal while shredding. Tired of the constant down time. Ordered a new 5100e with h260. Supposed to be in third week of February and getting really excited. I don't recommend the 5055-5075 cab to anyone. Spend the money and get a 5085 or 5100, if you can't afford those as much as it pains me I say look to another brand. This is two bad apples in a row

Brett

/ New 5055E
Coming in late with a few issues I had with my new 5055E. The brakes are 'soft' and the pedal travels 3inches +/- before starting to slow or stop the tractor, much less responsive than those on either of my 2 previous Kubotas. I was hooked up to my woods B84x rotary mower and needed to swap to the box blade to level a spot for the 40ft storage container due to be delivered later that afternoon, when they called with change of plans and were enroute at that time. I went to disconnect the mower and NO 3PT! The nut on the end of cable at the valve/lever had vibrated off at 10 hrs on the meter! Besides being very hard to reach under the cab and not knowing what size nut was needed (10mm by the way) I was stuck. The connex was delivered and is sitting at an angle on uneven ground but the the doors just do function. EVERY nut I could find, 3pt and draft control and SCV was loose and about to fall off. The only nuts found to be tight were the wheel lugs and FEL but still not sure if my unit is involved in the recall where JD used bolts too short for the specs. So far all chose clamps are tight, but I spend more time checking nuts and bolts than it takes to check lube/oil/and grease the FEL. I also do not have any grease zerks on the steering arms on front end of MFWD. I would prefer greasable fitting to sealed bearings on the front end. Opinions anyone?

Mine also was involved in the loader bolt fiasco and had 3 pulled with the block threads. It's been a comedy of errors and issues

Brett